Take advantage of fashion sales and craft markets in the Twin Cities this August.
State Fair Love
We’re all trying to get our state fair fix right now, but while we’ve been focusing on the food and drink, don’t forget the fun treasures you can get every year. Check out the Fair Finder Online Marketplace for 241 of the shops that you’d normally be exploring in a few weeks, or double down on your love for Sweet Martha’s cookies with its first ever merch collection with tie-dye tees and 10% of all proceeds going to the Cookie Cart and the Hallie Q Brown Community Center.
Online Wedding Boutique at Max’s
Max’s semi-annual sale has just ended (although there are still great finds on its sale page), but the boutique isn’t skipping a beat before its next big thing: an online wedding boutique. This tailored website highlights almost 20 designers that have rings perfect for engagements and weddings. Among the brands is ILA and its collection Unbridaled, which has a sidebar feature that allows you to see its diamonds up close when you look at the carat options. Online store now open at weddings.stylebymax.com; physical store open @ 3826 Grand Way, St. Louis Park.
Winsome Sample Sale
Joining Winsome’s annual sample sale this year will be Hazel & Rose, Al’s Tailoring, and Yessenya, and due to COVID-19, it’ll feel like a much more exclusive event. Book 45-minute appointments at the shop for parties up to 4 from August 8-14, or shop the leftovers at a public sidewalk sale August 15-21. For those who want to peruse from the comfort of your own home (or at work—who am I to judge?), Winsome will also be hosting Instagram story sales. August 8-14 @ Winsome Goods, 201 Sixth St., Suite 2, Minneapolis, winsomegoods.com.
Galleria: One Last Luxe
Luxury items are well worth investing in, but luxury items at a discount are even better. Catch Edina Galleria’s end-of-season sale with specials including a 50-80% discount on select home decor and gifts from Ampersand, a discount up to 75% at Hammer Made (plus an additional 25% off sale items), a 50% discount off all summer shoes, handbags, and accessories from Marmi, and a 40-80% discount off spring and summer styles at Twill. Now through August 9 @ Galleria retail locations, 69th Street & France Avenue, Edina, galleriaedina.com.
- ICYMI: Hackwith has restocked with new and old styles, including swimsuits and loose but flattering sustainable fashion.
- Aug. 5: Roaring ‘20s estate trunk show by Heritage Estate Jewelry @ Facebook Live
- Aug. 6-8: Leela & Lavender Maple Grove’s one-year birthday ft. discounts, giveaways, sips, to-go snacks, and more
- Aug. 7: New World Night Market @ 35th and Bloomington Ave., Minneapolis
- Aug. 7-9: June, Lori Barbero’s Solid Gold, and Glam Diggers Sidewalk Sale @ June, Minneapolis
- Aug. 7-11: Minneapolis Mart temporary show @ Minnetonka
- Aug. 8: Back to School Craft & Vendor Event @ St. Louis Park Recreation Outdoor Center
- Aug. 9: Hecho Con Love Latinx Crafts and Artists Show @ La Dona Cerveceria, Minneapolis
- Aug. 9: Virtual Fashion Show & Fundraiser for the Hope Chest for Breast Cancer Foundation @ online with Edina Galleria
- Aug. 15: Trin Collective capsule sale @ Minneapolis
- Save your spot, Aug. 22: Indigo & Snow’s socially distanced, outdoor Indigo and Shibori Workshop @ Minneapolis
- Through Aug. 31: Askov Finlayson’s winter presale (yes, winter is coming), including its new Pitch Black parka @ online
- Aug. 12: Remounting and Restyling Ring Event @ Real Gem Jewelers, Shakopee
- Aug. 13-15: Wedding Band Weekend @ R.F. Moeller in Highland Park and 50th & France
- Aug. 14-16: Plus-size Casablanca Bridal Trunk Show @ Posh Bridal Couture, Wayzata