Check out some of the many Twin Cities’ style and shopping events filling up February.
Galentine’s Day with Larissa Loden
Join jewelry-maker Larissa Loden at her Northrup King studio for an evening of rosé, Cookie Cart treats, gift card giveaways (for woman-owned businesses, of course), a preview of her spring/summer 2020 collection, and a 25% discount in store and online. February 13 from 4 to 8 p.m. @ 1500 Jackson St. NE, Suite 265, Minneapolis, facebook.com.
Some of the many Galentine’s and Valentine’s Day events in the Twin Cities include:
- Feb. 11: Galentine’s Style Social ft. latest styles, refreshments, and a 15% discount @ Evereve, St. Louis Park
- Feb. 13: Galentine’s Day ft. sales and giveaways, the “coziest sweatshirt release,” a chair massage, refreshments @ Stacked Consignment + Boutique, Shakopee
- Feb. 13: Galentine’s Day ft. a bracelet bar and sips @ Upsy-Daisy, White Bear Lake
- Feb. 14: Valentine’s Day~Day Date ft. free paraffin hand dips, sweet treats and drinks, and swag bags for the first 30 people @ J.Adler Concepts, St. Louis Park
One More Galentine’s Day Event…
Join the Hewing Hotel for Galentine’s Day. On the main floor, browse Stephanie Lake Design‘s trunk show (described by the Hewing Hotel as “part-Hollywood-glam, part-Fleetwood-Mac”) and then head up to the rooftop soiree by Peroni. If you register ahead of time, you can get in on Thermaculture Thursday in the rooftop sauna. February 13 from 5-9 p.m. @ Hewing Hotel, 300 Washington Ave. N., Minneapolis, hewinghotel.com.
Hmong Nouveau Fashion Show
It’s an all-night party celebrating fashion, music, food, and craftsmanship in the Hmong culture. Find out why you don’t want to show up late here. February 15 from 4 p.m. to midnight @ Union Depot, St. Paul, tickettailor.com.
UMN Apparel Design Senior Showcase
The theme of the 52nd annual apparel design fashion show is “amplified,” and the graduating designers are delving into plus-sizes, gender-neutral clothing, sustainability, and more. The 16 design seniors will be showcasing modest formalwear, street style, and more. February 15 from 5:30-8 p.m. @ Rapson Hall, University of Minnesota, 89 Church St. SE, Minneapolis, fashionshow.design.umn.edu.
Fashion for Furry Friends
These adorable puppies are going to steal your heart—especially since they’ll be wearing pet fashions. Support animals in need while enjoying refreshments, a silent auction, games, a photo booth, and more. February 20 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. @ Unleashed Hounds and Hops, 200 E. Lyndale Ave. N., Minneapolis, inspireandflourish.org.
Ready or Hot 2020
The annual event supporting Planned Parenthood is back! Featuring condom couture and other fashion modeled by the local community, this is a night of inclusive beauty and style. February 20 at 7 p.m. @ International Market Square, 275 Market St., Minneapolis, weareplannedparenthood.org.
CJC Kids’ One-Year Anniversary
This month marks the one-year anniversary of Carver Junk Co.’s store-within-a-store, CJC Kids. To celebrate, pop-ups by vendors including Hagen and Oats will be happening all weekend, and you can create a pom garland at a Take N’ Make bar. February 20-23 @ Carver Junk Co., 206 N Chestnut, Chaska, carverjunkcompany.com.
Indigo & Snow Sales + Classes
Inspired by Indigo & Snow’s collaborative exhibit, Foraged, are scarves dyed in sumac, buckthorn, and more. Pick one up—there are 40% sales on a multitude of products right now—or sign up for the Foraged Local Color Workshop on buckthorn (February 22). If you want to take advantage of the season, sign up for Annabella Sardelis’ Snow-Dyeing and Shibori Workshop (February 15). Various locations, indigoandsnow.com.
View this post on Instagram
Actress @NataliePortman utilized the power of fashion to make a subtly sensational statement when she arrived at the 92nd Academy Awards. All in #DiorCouture by @MariaGraziaChiuri, beauty by @DiorMakeup, she was the epitome of timeless elegance in a gilt wheat motif Spring-Summer 2020 tulle dress, worn under a black Spring-Summer 2018 black cape whose edge was embroidered in gold thread with the names of female directors whose critically-acclaimed films were ignored by the Academy this year. #StarsinDior
In Case You Missed It
- Here’s the New York Times‘ rundown of the Oscars red carpet.
- Faribault wool has a new merino wool home goods line, Alpine.
- Target has a new luggage line, Open Story.
- Fashion Week MN announced its spring lineup.
- 40% off holiday and resort wear @ Grethen House, Edina and Minneapolis
- Valentine’s Day sale (20% off purchases $1000 or under with code VALENTINE2020) @ Filigree, Minneapolis
- Feb. 12: Pop-up by Dancing Bear Chocolate @ Open Book, Minneapolis (not style or home goods, but still pretty dang great)
- Feb. 13: Kween of Hearts ft. pop-ups, refreshments, sales, and more @ Kenzington, 324 S. Main St., Stillwater
- Feb. 13: Jewelry Trunk Show by Hot Ice Jewelry @ Merilou Boutique, Wayzata
- Feb. 13: Pop-up by Val’s Brew Treats (food and fashion for dogs) @ Carver Junk Co., Chaska
- Feb. 14: Grand Opening of 32 North Retail‘s new location @ Chaska
- Feb. 14: Marcotter Pop-Up Jewelry Shop @ Hewing Hotel, Minneapolis
- Through Feb. 14: complimentary gift-wrapping, sweets, and free shipping on Valentine purchases $50 or more, in store and online with code XOXO @ Parc, Minneapolis
- Feb. 14 & 15: Ice Bar and a 60% seasonal sale @ MartinPatrick 3, Minneapolis
- Feb. 16: Minneapolis Vintage Market @ Machine Shop, Minneapolis
- Feb. 20: Fit for a Queen (pre-sale collection viewing + sizing) @ Queen Anna House of Fashion, Minneapolis
- Feb. 20: Trunk Show by Joseph Ribkoff @ Indulge Boutique, Eagan
- Feb. 22: Resortwear Fashion Show and Shopping Party by the Fitting Room @ the Center for Performing Arts, Minneapolis
- Feb. 22: An Evening with Outstanding Gentlemen ft. Greenwich Vintage and Dinosaur Hampton @ Atmosfere, Minneapolis
- Feb. 22: Grand opening of Basecamp Fitness‘ second Twin Cities location @ Edina
- Feb. 22: Felted Beads and Baubles with Leslie Granbeck @ StevenBe, Minneapolis
- Through the end of February: #KeeptheNorthCold photo challenge/parka giveaway @ Askov Finlayson, Minneapolis
- Feb. 15: Wedding Open House ft. staged decor, tours, and complimentary refreshments @ Hewing Hotel, Minneapolis
- Feb. 15: Bachelorette Bash ft. yoga, champagne, massages, and more @ Lululemon, Mall of America
- Feb. 16: Unveiled: The Ultimate Wedding Planning Event @ Minneapolis Convention Center
- Feb. 16: The Forever Bride Market @ Radisson Blu, Bloomington
- Feb. 16: 2020 Dream Wedding Event ft. 20-plus vendors such as Bellagala, Chowgirls, and Something Blue Boudoir @ Semple Mansion, Minneapolis
- Feb. 22: Williams Sonoma Wedding Expo ft. local wedding vendors and cooking demonstrations @ Williams Sonoma, Edina