Besides the slew of fashion and home decor events, a bounty of wedding open houses are happening over the next two weeks, too.
With more than 60 local artists across fashion, visual art, music, and more, this month’s Raw showcase of artists looks like it’s going to be packed. For style, check out brands like KExKane, Kachia Lee Designs, Dedicated to You by Rainai, Opinion Clothing, Jordan Paris Quirt accessories, and more. February 26 at 7 p.m. @ the Pourhouse Downtown, Minneapolis, rawartists.com.
Minneapolis Home + Garden Show
For five days, more than 600 home and garden experts will be at the Minneapolis Convention Center to answer your questions. Highlights of the show include seven unique garden designs that go through the decades (think the stone age, Old Hollywood, and even the Renaissance) and the Idea Home, a walk-through home that features storage, furniture, lighting, cabinetry, and more, all centering around the idea of a “forever home.” When you need a break, head to the Backyard Lounge, which has plenty of places to sit, gas fire dining tables, and beverages. February 26 through March 1 @ Minneapolis Convention Center, 1301 Second Ave. S, Minneapolis, homeandgardenshow.com.
Couture for a Cause Spring Fashion Fête
Support the Greater Twin Cities United Way with a spring fashion fête at the Galleria. The fashion show features the fashions from Galleria retailers, and before and after, you can peruse pop-up shops and enjoy refreshments from Crave. February 28 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. @ Galleria, 3510 Galleria, Edina, galleriaedina.com.
To celebrate Black History Month, Fallon is throwing a Black Bazaar featuring food, art prints, home decor, clothing, accessories, and more, brought to you by local businesses owned by people of color. If you work in downtown Minneapolis, this Thursday event is the perfect break from the daily grind. February 27 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. @ Fallon, 500 N. Third Street, Floor Six, Minneapolis, facebook.com.
Kids’ Hair Fundamentals
The almost-monthly hair workshop is back again for another iteration. If you have limited experience working with textured hair but want to learn to wash, detangle, and style your little one, make sure to sign up. This workshop is not recommended for children under three. March 1 at 1 p.m. @ the Beauty Lounge, 690 13th Ave. NE, Minneapolis, mplsbeautylounge.com.
Aveda’s Spring Guest Appreciation Event
Greet spring with a new look: On March 5, any service you pre-book through April 30 is 20% off. Plus, treat yourself the day of with a buy-two-get-one free on makeup/travel size items or, with a $10 donation for Earth Month, a lip, brow, or chin wax. (Earth Month is Aveda’s eco-supporting initiative; in 2019, they partnered with Charity: Water.) March 5 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. @ Aveda Institute Minneapolis, 400 Central Ave. SE, Minneapolis, facebook.com.
West Elm in North Loop
The furniture and decor brand is hosting a grand opening party for its first downtown Minneapolis location. Stop by for local refreshments and cocktails and a 15% discount (and the knowledge that a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Urban Homeworks). If you can’t make that, no worries—any time you visit, you’ll be able to see the latest home trends and the local makers section, which includes brands like Wit + Delight and Solid Manufacturing Co. March 5 from 6 to 8 p.m. @ West Elm, 128 North Second St., Minneapolis, westelm.com.
- Feb. 27: Wine & Unwind ft. fashion show, refreshments, fashion, and prizes @ Schram Vineyards Winery & Brewery, Waconia
- Feb. 27: Sip + Shop (gently used) Lux Brands like Michael Kors, Lululemon, and more @ Maverick Chiropractic, Wayzata
- Feb. 28: Niche at Night: Dreaming of Spring Edition @ Niche, St. Paul
- Feb. 29: Leap Day Fest ft. discounts, giveaways, and entertainment @ Ridgedale Center, Minnetonka
- Feb. 29: Be the Change Gala by Smile Network International ft. cocktail hour, dinner, and silent and live auction @ The Depot, Minneapolis
- Feb. 29: Grand Opening of 1 Life Products in Uptown, a provider of CBD products, with complimentary refreshments, live music, prizes, and free founders memberships for the first 100 people @ 1 Life Uptown, Minneapolis
- March 1: Ethnic and Tropical Fashion Clothing, Handmade Accessories Show @ Tropic Trends, Burnsville
- March 1: Halo Beauty Bash ft. demonstrations, discounts, swag bags, and refreshments @ Salon Halo, Robbinsdale
- March 1: Arctic Market by Minneapolis Craft Market @ Lakes & Legends Brewing Co., Minneapolis
- March 7: March Madness Gift Expo @ Eagan Civic Arena, Eagan
- March 8: Next Chapter Ladies’ Day ft. fashion show, shopping, manicures, and wine @ Next Chapter Winery, New Prague
- March 8: International Women’s Day with 305 Fitness ft. work out, hair braiding bar, and health tips @ Nokomis Legion, Minneapolis
- March 8: Anoka Indoor Antiques & Collectibles Flea Market @ Anoka
- Throughout March and April, various dates: Open House @ the Blaisdell, Minneapolis
- Feb. 26: Cheers to You! by Complete Weddings + Events @ Historic Concord Exchange Event Center, St. Paul
- Feb. 27: Graduate Minneapolis Wedding Showcase @ Graduate Hotel, Minneapolis
- Feb. 28 & 29: Martina Liana Trunk Show @ Raffiné Bridal, Woodbury
- Feb. 29: Rockwoods Wedding Expo @ Rockwoods, Otsego
- Feb. 29: Taproom Wedding Open House @ Northern Stacks Events, Fridley
- March 1: Wedding Collection East @ Historic John P. Furber Farm, Cottage Grove
- March 1: The Hutton House | Vendor Experience Open House ft. Collected & Co., Haute House Studio, and more @ the Hutton House, Medicine Lake
- March 1: Faribault Bridal Fair @ Fairbo West Mall, Faribault