Check out some of the Twin Cities’ style and shopping events these next two weeks.
DIY Winter Skin Care
This 10-person skin care workshop teaches you to make three handmade beauty products to help both your skin and hair. Use the code OWNER to receive $5 off the workshop price. January 29 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. @ Eastside Food Co-op, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
Golden Pearl Vintage Winter Sale
Get glamorous this winter with a 30% sale off all coats, furs, and wool at Golden Pearl Vintage. (Wool, by the way, is at least a third of the store’s inventory right now, including dresses, skirts, suits, and pants.) January 29-February 2 during store hours @ the Golden Pearl Vintage, Minneapolis, facebook.com.
Olim Collection Launch
Local teen Milo Fleming seems to do a little of everything. You may have seen him on the first season of Top Chef Jr., but now he’s presenting the third collection of his sustainable fashion brand, Olim. Go blue with his signature patchwork denim; other trademarks of his aesthetic include stenciled T-shirts and hand painted patches. Shop the pop-up and listen to indie band Why Not (performance at 6 p.m.). February 1 from 4 to 7 p.m. @ Film North, 550 Vandalia St., Suite 120, St. Paul, instagram.com/olim.official.
(Early) Galentine’s Day Sales
To kick things off, Merilou Boutique is teaming up with Sip ‘n Bloom Floral Design Workshop for a night of flowers and endless rosé (Feb. 5). Then get ready for the craziness that is Saturday, February 8: Fair Anita is having a sample sale and spring product launch at the Coven, and apparently the new season is bringing 100 new products made by and supporting women around the world (Feb. 8). At vintage shop Arlee Park, Tandem Vintage, Bekah Worley, and Big Mouth Tarot are meeting up for a day of florals, vintage lingerie, knits, sweetheart cards, tarot card readings, and refreshments (Feb. 8). Get all of your friends together for Galentine’s Day in downtown Anoka and find treasures at stores including A Bushel & a Peck, Lillian’s of Anoka, Peterson Shoes, Pineapple Girl, and Truffles & Tortes Dessert Cafe (a personal favorite of mine). Visit as many of the participating shops as possible to get your passport initialed, and drop it off when you’re done for a chance to win one of the many prize drawings (Feb. 8). Various dates, times, and locations.
Get cozy with your dog at Faribault Woolen Mill Co.’s Minneapolis store. Finley’s Barkery is teaming up with the heritage brand for a day of V-Day card making, a polaroid photo station made for you and your four-legged best friend, and giveaways. (If you’re confused by this match up, you clearly haven’t seen the pet section on Faribault Woolen Mill’s website.) The first 20 people get a Finley’s Barkery treat bag! February 8 from noon to 3 p.m. @ Faribault Woolen Mill Co., 1029 S Washington Ave., Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
Shop Sarah Edwards’ Closet (& Her Friends’)
Sarah Edwards, Queenie & Pearl, Filigree Jewelers, Jahna Peloquin, modest boutique Oktober Kissed, CBD product brand Holistic Purity, and more are coming together for a pop-up at the Jaguar Land Rover Minneapolis. Plus, Prairie Organic Spirits, Cameron’s Coffee, and Maddy & Maize will provide some libations, coffee, and popcorn respectively. Catch our write-up on one of the previous Shop Sarah Edwards events to know what to expect and to acquaint yourself with our local stylemaker a little more. February 9 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. @ Luther Jaguar Land Rover, Minneapolis, 8905 Wayzata Blvd., Golden Valley, eventbrite.com.
If the Dress Fits
In its fifth year, the Duluth-based nonprofit If the Dress Fits is bringing free prom dresses to Moorhead (Feb. 8 & 9), Littlefork (Feb. 22), Barnum (Feb. 23), and Duluth (March 15 & 16). Teenagers do not have to show proof of financial need; they simply have to be there and have their school ID. Select dates in February and March @ various locations, facebook.com/pg/ifthedressfits101.
- Now: Winter sale, up to 70% off @ Equation, Minneapolis
- Jan. 30: New Year New You! ft. stylist and author George Brescia @ Mainstream Boutique, Roseville
- Jan. 30: Grand Opening of UO @ Urban Outfitters, Rosedale
- Feb. 1: Grand Opening (same beloved store, new space) @ Go Vintage, St. Paul
- Feb. 1: Love Is in the Air ft. Milana Stile Jewelry, Lumber Jacques Cologne @ Local Motion, Minneapolis
- Feb. 1: Jewelry Trunk Show by Vikse @ the Fitting Room, Minneapolis
- Feb. 1: Glasses Trunk Show by Jacques Marie Mage @ Specs Optical, Minneapolis
- Feb. 1: Jewelry Trunk Show by Sugar Stone Designs @ Jewelweed, Wayzata
- Feb. 2: Winter Blowout Sale with special guest artist, J.Lux Jewelry @ Tessa Louise, Minneapolis
- Feb. 3: Grand Opening of Sola Salons @ West St. Paul
- Feb. 8: Jewelry Trunk Show by Marisa Martinez @ the Fitting Room, Minneapolis
- Feb. 8: Bloomington Indoor Markets @ Bloomington Civic Plaza, Bloomington
- Feb. 8: Support Local Hustle @ Dulceria Bakery, Minneapolis
- Feb. 8: Stillwater Cabin Fever Craft & Vendor Show @ Oak Glen Golf Course, Stillwater
- Feb. 9: Rhinestone Flea Market @ Turbo Tim’s Anything Automotive, Minneapolis
- Feb. 9: Designer Purse Bingo @ the Sunshine Factory, Plymouth
- Feb. 9: Valentine’s Arctic Market by Minneapolis Craft Market @ Lakes & Legends Brewing Co., Minneapolis
- Plus-Size Trunk Show by Essense of Australia @ Luxe Bridal Couture, Eagan
- (Don’t worry—there are still plenty of wedding and bridal events this season, like the Forever Bride Market on February 16 at Radisson Blu Mall of America.)