Check out these Twin Cities style and shopping events in the next two weeks.
Head to Love Your Melon in North Loop for a summer-long ice cream social and shop the goods. Half of the profits from melon treats will go to pediatric cancer research, treatments, and support. I know we all love the Love Your Melon fall and winter hats with the gigantic plush pom pom, but there’s a nice summer collection, too, featuring apparel, head bands, baseball-style caps, and light-weight beanies. (There’s also a summer sale going on for 20 percent off!) Monday through Friday from 4 to 10 p.m., weekends from noon to 10 p.m. @ Love Your Melon, 226 N. Washington Ave., Minneapolis, loveyourmelon.com.
Part apparel launch, part benefit, and part kids fashion show, 4ever Generate is a runway event for high end children streetwear made by MiMi Nguyen from House of Nguyen Designs. Hosted by Fashion Week Minnesota’s marketing manager Chandler Weir, the event will also have collections by Ice Cream Bow Ties, Life Customs Clothing, and Travel Buji. July 20 from 6 to 9 p.m. @ Creators Space, 218 Seventh St. E., St. Paul, eventbrite.com.
Shop Sarah Edwards Closet
Sarah Edwards, Jahna Peloquin, Milana Stile, Caitlin Karolczak, June boutique, and Stephanie’s St. Paul are all getting together for a curated pop up. July 23 from 5 to 7 p.m. @ Canopy by Hilton Minneapolis Mill District, 708 Third St. S., Minneapolis. Read more on the event here.
Pario Max Artist Residency Launch Party
All-around renaissance woman Pario Max (think fine art, graphic art, writing, music, dance, and more) is Atelier957’s new resident artist. To celebrate, they’re inviting you to meet her during an evening of art, refreshments, and a special discount on all clothing, shoes, and accessories. July 25 from 4 to 7 p.m. @ Atelier957, 957 Grand Ave., St. Paul, eventbrite.com.
- Now Open: Leela & Lavender @ The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes
- July 18: 50th & France Sip & Shop @ Sur la Table, Edina
- July 18: Lakeside Cottage Antiek and Vintage Market @ Haupt Antiek, Apple Valley
- July 18-20: Up to 75 percent off @ Kitchen Window, Minneapolis
- July 18-20: Vintage Sale @ outdoors at the General Store of Minnetonka
- July 19: Ladies Night Out @ Jenny in the City, Minneapolis
- July 20: Midsommer Market @ Sacred Space Yoga, Minneapolis
- July 20: Cliché’s Annual Sale, up to 90 percent off @ Minneapolis
- July 20: Anoka’s Annual Sidewalk Sale @ downtown Anoka
- July 20: Marketplace Arts and Crafts Fair at the Hopkins Raspberry Festival @ Hopkins
- July 20: Grand Opening: Flying Pig Thrift Shop @ St. Paul
- July 21: Grand Opening: His & Hers Boutique @ Minneapolis during Open Streets
- July 25 Circa ‘69, a celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing with ‘60s-era dress @ The Loupe by JB Hudson, MartinPatrick 3, Minneapolis
- July 27: Inventory Liquidation Style @ Fashion Fruit Boutique, Eagan
- July 28: Minneapolis Vintage Market @ American Swedish Institute
- Through end of July: Hazel & Rose Moving Sale—take an extra 30 percent off with the code MOVINGSOON30 @ Minneapolis
- Through Aug. 4: Fourpost’s First Ever Sale @ Mall of America
Wedding News: BHOLDN
BHOLDN, Anthropologie’s bridal shop, has already gained traction in the Twin Cities—despite the fact that the nearest in-person store was in Chicago. That’s changing Aug. 2. Opening up in the St. Louis Park Anthropologie, BHLDN is bringing its dresses for brides, the mother-of-the-bride, flower girls, and bridesmaids. Note: While you can always peruse their selection, you have to schedule an appointment to try on a dress. Opening Aug. 2 @ BHLDN, 1622 West End Ave., St. Louis Park, bhldn.com.