Even in the midst of cabin season, there are always some style and shopping events for you to check out.
Les Sól Launched Its Online Store
While we have to wait for fall until sisters Megan and Mikaela Harrod open their physical store in Linden Hills, they launched their online boutique Les Sól last week. (Their April launch took a sharp right turn because of the COVID-19 pandemic, causing them to only release face masks, with first 100% and now 50% of proceeds benefitting the Sheridan Story. To date, they’ve donated more than $5,400.) Expect casual looks featuring plenty of sun-kissed travel inspiration and a coastal, Boho feel, plus bath and body goods. “If Les Sól were a place, it might be Palm Springs, California,” writes the team on its website. “Deep in the desert, but not far from the beach.” shoplessol.com.
Virtual China Fashion Gala 2020
Get an evening of culture and extravagance including a Heaven Gaia fashion show by designer Xiong Ying and a performance of the Thousand Hand Bodhisattva dance. This year’s gala honors Estee Lauder, fashion designer Phillip Lim, director and actor Lucy Liu, and Chinese entrepreneur and philanthropist Wendy Yu, but cameos include Kenny G., Jason Wu, and Bette Midler. This digital gala is put on by the China Institute, which is a New York-based nonprofit that works to spread Chinese culture. July 23 at 7 p.m. @ online, eventbrite.com.
Summer Events Fit for a Queen
Queen Anna House of Fashion has online events down pat, whether they’re talks with Minnesota makers, style shows, or even an upcoming Netflix party for Black Panther. For two primers on how to create your own personal (and flattering) fashion, check out the mini-master class Define Your Silhouette (July 25) or Style for Days: Understanding Your Personal Style (August 2), both free and in collaboration with One Posh Closet. If you just want some fashion fun, make sure to log on for the size-inclusive summer trunk show featuring Marcellamoda and Ripley Rader (July 30). Various times and dates online.
Uptown Art Fair Mini Event at Local Motion
In lieu of the annual Uptown Art Fair, several artists and businesses are collaborating with the Uptown Association for mini events. At Local Motion Boutique, over a dozen artists will be in the back parking lot with their goods for a mini art fair; plus, the boutique will be hosting a sidewalk sale. (The second mini event is set to take place August 8 and 9.) July 31 through August 2, various times @ Local Motion, 2813 Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis, uptownminneapolis.com.
- ICYMI: Love Your Melon launched DC Comics face masks with the Flash, Superman, Bat Man, and Wonder Woman symbols
- ICYMI: Mill City Farmers Market has a new digital art market newsletter and will feature four to five artists on its blog and social media each week
- July 21: Houston White’s Viictory golf collection pop-up @ HWMR, Minneapolis
- July 23-25: 10-50% off diamond jewelry at R.F. Moeller
- July 24: New World Night Market @ Minneapolis
- July 24, Wedding: Casablanca Bridal Trunk Show @ Posh Bridal Couture, Wayzata
- July 27: Hand Mending Basics class @ Rethink, Minneapolis
- July 29: Denim Repair by Machine class @ Rethink, Minneapolis
- July 29: “Leopard Print: History’s Fiercest Fashion Statement” Webinar @ online
- Aug. 1: Vintage on a Dime Sale ft. clothes, accessories, kids’ clothes, and house items @ Minneapolis