Explore some of the Twin Cities’ style and shopping events in the next two weeks.
Minneapolis Art Fairs
Between the Uptown Art Fair (Aug. 2-4) and the Powderhorn Art Fair (Aug. 3 & 4), you have all weekend to peruse more than 500 artists from around the neighborhood and around the country. After a legacy of more than 50 years, the Uptown Art Fair attracts more than 380,000 visitors every year. The Powderhorn Art Fair, on the other hand, has been around for almost 30 years, and among the juried selection, you’re bound to find some local and regional treasures. Uptown Art Fair, Aug. 2-4 at various times @ Calhoun Square, Lake Street and Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis, uptownminneapolis.com; Powderhorn Art Fair, Aug. 3 & 4 at various times @ Powderhorn Park, 3400 15th Ave. S., Minneapolis, ppna.org.
Golden Pearl Vintage Back Alley Bazaar
For the fourth year, Golden Pearl Vintage is hosting a vintage yard sale with all kinds of vintage clothing and accessories will be available at affordable prices. While every item has just a little flaw, with the right love, it’ll be as good as new. Also at the event this year will be more vendors adding their diamonds in the rough: Shop Country Club, Paper Unicorn Vintage, AudreyRose Vintage, and June boutique. After, check out Open Streets Northeast or the Red Stag Block Party. Aug. 4 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. @ Golden Pearl Vintage, 507 E. Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis, facebook.com.
Style Society’s Makers Market
Whether you’ve heard of this furniture rental and styling company or not, it wants to share some of its favorite makers and vendors in an outdoor market in Northeast Minneapolis. Foodtrucks, music and yard games make it a veritable festival, and with products like Mezame Designs’ hand-woven accessories and apparel, TyAnn Zeal Designs’ minimalist and nature-inspired jewelry, and ACG’s simple but beautiful garments, you can pull together the perfect look. Aug. 10 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. @ 3147 California St. NE, Minneapolis, stylesocietympls.com.
Unique Markets: Minneapolis
This pop-up marketplace features more than 50 local designers and makers, art installations and photo walls (think Instagram photos and pops of colors), a make-and-take macrame keychain, and some freebies. Makers include Wondrous Crane ceramics, J.LUX Jewelry, jewelry creators ILO Studio, Latitude Apparel, Karen Morris Millinery, MEND Jewelry, and more. Aug. 11 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. @ Machine Shop, 300 Second St. SE, Minneapolis, uniquemarkets.com.
Twin Cities Natural Hair & Beauty Expo
Let your hair down, love it, and figure out all you can do with it (with a little bit of empowerment thrown in). See hair demonstrations, enjoy entertainment, and peruse tons of different hair products from vendors. Plus, six guest speakers divvy up the day, sharing their expertise from areas such as fitness, beauty, and self care. Aug. 11 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. @ Delta Hotels by Marriott Minneapolis Northeast, 1330 Industrial Blvd. NE, Minneapolis, mnnaturalhairexpo.com.
- Now Open: PROSE nail salon @ Roseville
- July 31: Rosé All Day @ J.W. Hulme Co., St. Paul
- July 31: Ladies’ Night Out @ Round Barn Trading Co., Andover
- Aug. 1: Grand Opening @ Anda Spa at the Hotel Ivy, Minneapolis
- Aug. 1: Apricot Lane Fall Fashion Preview with a fashion show, 15 percent sale, and more @ Apricot Laine, Blaine
- Aug. 2: Grand Opening @ KatWalk The Glam Shop, Robbinsdale
- Aug. 3 & 4: Jewelry Beading Workshops @ Upper Midwest Bead Society, Minneapolis
- Aug. 6: Kendra Scott Give Back Party to benefit JDRF Minnesota @ Mall of America
- Aug. 7: RAW Minneapolis: 60 local artists in fashion, art, music, beauty, and more @ POURhouse Downtown, Minneapolis
- Aug. 8: Boutique Sidewalk Sale @ Prior Lake
- Aug. 8: Shop, Sip, Snack! Styling Night Out with Stylist Jayna Wilcox @ Primp, St. Paul
- Aug. 10: Viske Designs Trunk Show @ The Fitting Room, Minneapolis
- Aug. 10: Kidizen’s Back-To-School Pop Up @ Niche, St. Paul
- Aug. 10 & 11: Dog Days of Summer Pop Up @ Jefferson High School, Bloomington
- Aug. 11: Summer Artisan Market @ Painter Creek Winery, Minnetrista
- July 31-Aug. 3: Wedding Ring Week: four days of deals @ Arthur’s Jewelers, Roseville
- Aug. 2: Grand Opening @ BHLDN, St. Louis Park
- Aug. 2-4: Rivini & Alyne Bridal Trunk Show @ Posh Bridal Couture, Wayzata
- Aug. 6: Hyland Hills Chalet Open House @ Bloomington