Check out some of the Twin Cities style and shopping highlights in the next two weeks.
SJP at Mall of America
Over Father’s Day weekend, Sarah Jessica Parker not only opened the first Midwest location of her store, SJP by Sarah Jessica Parker, but she visited Mall of America to mark the occasion. Visit the 1,300 square-foot store for her line of footwear—all handcrafted in Italy—accessories, and signature apparel. If you want a way to add color and confidence to your wardrobe, this is it. (Note: For another new store at Mall of America, check out fashion sock store Stance on Level 1.)
Gowns of Glensheen
I know Glensheen is talked about a lot, but there’s a reason: Besides the fact that it’s a beautiful, historic estate, the Glensheen team keeps creating more and more ways to experience it. This summer, check out the Gowns of Glensheen exhibit, which features garments of the early 1900s as well as interpretive signage and articles on the social life, dressmaking, and styles of the time. Through Sept. 2 at various times @ Glensheen, 3300 London Road, Duluth, glensheen.org.
Cameron Silver: Fashion Director, Style Historian
On June 20, FGI-MSP is hosting an evening of conversation with Cameron Silver, author of Decades: A Century of Fashion, fashion director of H Halston and H by Halston, owner of luxury vintage store Decades, and world renown celebrity stylist and fashion expert. During his 45-minute talk, Silver will be talking about the fashion trends and major designers from the 20th and 21st centuries, and afterward, guests can peruse his vintage pop up and get in line for his book signing. The very next day, Silver will be at JUNE with Filigree for a Decades trunk show and brunch. June 20: Cocktails in the Courtyard with Cameron Silver from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. @ Minneapolis Club, 729 Second Ave. S, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com. June 21: Luxury Vintage Brunch with Cameron Silver of Decades from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. @ JUNE, 2406 Lyndale Ave. S, Minneapolis, juneresale.com.
It’s a Dog’s Day
Be a part of the first annual Mully’s Dog Pageant in Mankato. With categories like best dressed and wackiest trick, you’re bound to have a great day whether you have a frontrunner or not. Also that evening, Earth’s Best Friends is having its summer kick off at Minneapolis’ 56 Brewing, featuring its newest environmentally friendly pet products. June 22: Mull’s Dog Pageant from 5 to 7 p.m. @ Mully’s on Madison, 1030 Madison Ave., Mankato, eventbrite.com; Earth’s Best Friends Summer Kick Off from 6 to 8 p.m. @ 56 Brewing, 3055 NE Columbia Ave., Suite 102, Minneapolis, facebook.com.
Like fashion, cocktails, and/or fun people? Check out Bumble IRL. The fashion show will feature folks from Minneapolis’ Bumble Date, BFF, and Bizz, so come and meet new people in the city. All you have to do to get in is show your Bumble app (in whatever incarnation you have it), and then the night is yours. June 26 from 6 to 8 p.m. @ Canopy Minneapolis Mill District, 708 Third St. S, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
- Ongoing: Nicollet Makers Market and Finnegan’s Market (Wednesdays), Northside Pop Ups (Fridays and Saturdays), Riverwalk Market in Northfield (Saturdays)
- June 20: Celebrate Summer Boutique Event with discounts and specials @ Waconia, facebook.com
- June 20: An Evening for Interior Design @ MartinPatrick 3, Minneapolis
- June 20: Handstamped Jewelry Workshop @ Carver Junk Co., Chaska
- June 20-23: Haupt Antiek Market, Americana theme @ Apple Valley
- June 21: DIY Succulent Bar @ Carver Junk Co., Chaska
- June 22: Wayzata Art Experience, feat. 110 artists, sailboat rides, and more @ Wayzata
- June 22: LiveWell Expo (with free fitness classes) @ Mall of America’s rotunda, Bloomington
- June 22: Longest Day of Summer Sale @ Downtown White Bear Lake
- June 22: Designer Purse Bingo @ Wicked Wort, Robbinsdale
- June 22: 23rd Annual Raspberries & Wine Festival @ Winehaven, Chicago City
- June 23: Uptown Food Truck Festival @ Lake & Hennepin, Minneapolis
- June 23: Annual Strolling Lunch & ShopBollyWear Trunk Show @ ShopBollyWear, Plymouth
- June 23: The Nail Bar Launch Party @ The Nail Bar, Minneapolis
- June 28: Wedding Guest Best pop-up by One Posh Closet @ Queen Anna, Minneapolis
- June 28 & 29: Twin Cities Antiquarian Book Fair @ Minnesota State Fairgrounds
- June 29 & 30: June Stillwater Flea Market and Craft Fair @ Washington County Fairgrounds