Check out some of the Twin Cities’ style and shopping events in the next two weeks.
An Early Father’s Day Gift
Step 1: Go shopping at Scout from 9 to 10 a.m. for an exclusive shopping hour and a 20 percent discount. Step 2: At 10 a.m., take part in a free 40-minute workout mixing yoga and high-intensity strength and conditioning by Alchemy 365. (Make sure to reserve your spot). Step 3: Enjoy the rest of the summer day. June 9 from 9 to 11 a.m. @ Scout, St. Paul, alchemy365.pike13.com.
Pre-Loved in Minneapolis
Emily Stochl, host of the Pre-Loved Podcast, is coming up from Cedar Rapids and joining Michelle Raven, founder of the online community When Thrifters Thrift, for a meetup with cidermosas from Sociable Cider Werks and early access to the Minneapolis Vintage Market. Even if you haven’t connected with the Pre-Loved Podcast or When Thrifters Thrift before, if you love thrifting, this event is probably for you. Plus, you’ll leave with some new accounts to follow. (The Minneapolis Vintage Market also has early bird admission for ticket holders from 11 a.m. to noon and free general admission at noon.) June 9 from 10 a.m. to noon @ Sociable Ciderworks, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
Indigenous Spirit: Gender Fluid Fashion Show
Come to the Walker Art Center’s free Thursday night series and see Delina White’s collection of gender fluid fashion. Created with inspiration from the Great Lakes area and White’s mastery and understanding of Native American craft, the collection will be modeled by 10 Two Spirit models. June 13 at 7:30 p.m. @ Walker Art Center, 725 Vineland Place, Minneapolis, walkerart.org.
Last Call for Carver Junk in Minneapolis
After five years, the Minneapolis store is closing and moving its inventory to the Chaska store. Before that happens, make sure to stop by and look through their vintage and modern home decor. You might even find little treasures like this necklace of the skyline amid the collections. June 14-16 @ Carver Junk Co., Minneapolis, facebook.com.
Father’s Day at Fourpost
Browse a curated selection of goods from men’s clothing and grooming brands Faherty, Blind Barber, Fulton & Roark, and more while enjoying Wisconsin cheese samplings from the Cheese Brothers and a tasting of artisanal Italian soda. The Art of Shaving will be holding some demos, too, and puzzles and prizes complete the event. June 15 from 6 to 9 p.m. @ Fourpost, Mall of America, eventbrite.com.
Fridays and Saturdays, starting June 7 through July: Northside Pop Ups @ Minneapolis, facebook.com
June 8: Grand Opening of HAUS Salon Northeast Minneapolis @ Minneapolis, facebook.com
- June 8: Birthday Bash for Local Motion Boutique with a pop-up by Tessa Luise Clothing @ Minneapolis, facebook.com
- June 8: Adam Turman Garage Art Sale @ Minneapolis, facebook.com
- June 8: HWMR’s 30 percent off Father’s Day sale @ Minneapolis, facebook.com
- June 8-9: Traditional Silk House anniversary Indian clothing and jewelry trunk show @ various locations, facebook.com
- June 9: Dog Fashion Show by Midwest Animal Rescue & Services @ Piggy Bank, Minneapolis, facebook.com
- June 14: Evening of Fashion with a fashion show, 30 percent discount, raffle, mimosa bar, and hors d’oeuvres @ Crystal House Boutique, Coon Rapids, facebook.com
- June 14-16: Minneapolis Vintage Market at the Stone Arch Bridge Festival @ Minneapolis, stonearchbridgefestival
- June 15: Midsommer Market Pop-Up @ The Coven, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com
- June 15: DIY Leather Keychain Workshop @ Filson, Edina, filson.com
- June 15: Sip & Shop Pool Party (yes, you read that right) @ Sundance Golf Banquet Bowl, Maple Grove, facebook.com
- June 15: Summer Garden Celebration feat. fashion showcases, a community garden unveiling, succulent bar, kids’ book signing, family-friendly activities, and more @ Ridgedale Center, ridgedalecenter.com
- June 15: Brunch en Blanc, featuring pop-ups by businesses owned by women of color @ GoldRoom Restaurant & Lounge, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com
- June 7: The Hutton House – Sip & See Open House @ Medicine Lake, facebook.com
- June 9: Bridal Bootcamp on Grand with Core Power Yoga @ The Wedding Shoppe, St. Paul, facebook.com