Turn your spring cleaning into more with the help of Rethink Tailoring, support a good cause with a runway show by the Arc Minnesota, and more this month.
ReThink Tailoring & Sewing Lounge Opening Party
Tailor and designer Kristen McCoy is opening up her new ReThink Tailoring & Sewing Lounge with prize drawings for free classes and time in the sewing lounge. At ReThink, McCoy will host classes to teach others how to mend and repurpose old clothes, as well as offer her own apparel, tailoring, and up cycling services. March 14 from 3 to 6 p.m. @ ReThink Tailoring & Sewing Lounge Opening Party, 3449 Bloomington Ave., Minneapolis, facebook.com.
Some Great People at Rosedale
If you follow fashion in the Twin Cities, you probably already know Sarah Edwards, who is also the founder of marketing agency I Am. I Am recently rebranded to Some Great People, and to celebrate, they’ve put on a pop-up in Rosedale Center called ShareSpace. Check out the local marketplace (March 7 and 8), selfie-worthy decor, snacks, and social media marketing talks before ShareSpace closes March 15. Through March 15 @ Rosedale Center, somegreatpeople.com.
Sip & Style with Ampersand Shops and Martha O’Hara Interiors
Ampersand is already a darling for those who are looking for housewares and decor, and now they’re teaming up with Martha O’Hara interior designers. Come, take a spring style quiz, chat with a designer, and enjoy some complimentary refreshments. March 19 from 4:30 to 7 p.m. @ Ampersand Shops, 3445 Galleria, Minneapolis, facebook.com.
The Fifth Annual Arc Minnesota Fashion Show
Nonprofit Arc Minnesota chose to have its fifth annual runway show on March 21 for a reason—it symbolizes the third copy of the 21st chromosome that people with down syndrome have. Support the Arc’s and its mission to better the lives of those with disabilities by coming to the free fashion show and shopping with a purpose at the Arc’s Value Village in Bloomington. March 21 from 11 a.m. to noon,@ Arc’s Value Village, 10546 France Ave. S., Bloomington, arcsvaluevillage.org.
- March 11: I Am Fabulous Casting Call for women 65 and up for Fashion Week MN @ Rosedale Center, Roseville
- March 11: Women’s Event ft. spa education, drawings, and globally inspired appetizers @ Crutchfield Dermatology, Eagan
- March 12: Spring/summer menswear trunk shows from Magnanni, Samuelsohn, and W.Kleinberg @ Hubert White, Minneapolis
- March 12: Grand Re-Opening of Scout ft. the new spring collection and bubble tea from Treats @ St. Paul
- March 14: DIY spring floral arrangements, personal styling sessions, and the latest spring collections @ Nordstrom, Mall of America
- March 14: Amy Sabatier Designs Spring Trunk Show @ the Fitting Room, Minneapolis
- March 14: Jewelry and clothing styles for Eid, graduation, and more by Zevar Collections and Branches @ Courtyard by Marriott, Eden Prairie
- March 14: Alice Riot: Second Saturday Open Studio Hours @ California Building, Minneapolis
- March 14: Think Spring with Eye Bobs ft. music by Famous Volcanoes, refreshments, and (of course) eyewear @ 1401 Glenwood Ave., Minneapolis
- March 15: Minneapolis Vintage Market @ Minneapolis Institute of Art, Minneapolis
- March 16: Grand Opening: Tonic Barber @ Edina
- March 16: Grand Re-Opening of Valley Skin and Med Spa ft. refreshments, specials, and prize drawings @ Apple Valley
- March 19: Influencers’ Ladies’ Night Out ft. discounts, complimentary chair massages, refreshments, prizes, and more @ Clovr Life Spa, Apple Valley
- March 19: Joseph Ribkoff Trunk Show @ Frank Murphy, White Bear Lake
- March 19: Spring Equinox Wedding and Wellness Fest ft. yoga, treats, wedding and wellness vendors, and more @ Aria, Minneapolis