Check out some of the style and shopping events coming to the Twin Cities in the next two weeks.
Textile Center’s Holiday Shop
Keep your holiday gifts earth friendly with treasures made from sustainable and local fibers, repurposed materials, and more. The Textile Center’s holiday shop features more than 100 artists bringing apparel, home decor, gifts, art supplies, fiber craft kits, and more for you to peruse. While you can visit throughout December, make sure to check the calendar for extras like demonstrations and chances to meet the makers. On November 16, for instance, the Yard & Yam Fiber Arts Market joins the mix and brings even more craftsmanship with crocheting, sewing, weaving, macrame, and quilting. Every Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. until December 24 @ Textile Center, 3000 University Ave. SE, Minneapolis, textilecentermn.org.
Minneapolis Holiday Boutique
Head straight into the holiday season with the help of more than 250 vendors and local artists. This pop-up market in U.S. Bank Stadium has everything you could want, including holiday inspiration, workshops, and shopping. Think fudge and candy, jewelry, beverages, apparel, soaps and body products, art, home decor, and more. Giveaways and performances also pepper the weekend, so grab your friends and get going. November 8 through 10 @ U.S. Bank Stadium, 401 Chicago Ave., Minneapolis, minneapolisholidayboutique.com.
Weddings: Forever Bride Market
With more than 60 different local wedding-related vendors, this market can help you find inspiration, refine your vision, and cover all of the little details. Make sure to sip some champagne, grab a swag bag, and make a flower crown. Planning a wedding is supposed to be fun, and this marketplace does it best to help. November 10 from noon to 4 p.m. @ Radisson Blu, 2100 Killebrew Dr., Bloomington, foreverbride.com.
Daddy and Me + Mommy and Me Hair Classes
Choose between either class for two hours of hair styling tips and lessons for you. Besides the lesson, you’ll also get a gift bag and a 15 percent discount on products. (If you’ve never been to the Minneapolis Beauty Lounge, we recommend: This salon is all about making people with all hair types feel welcome and valued.) November 10 at 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. for the Daddy and Me Class, 4 to 6 p.m. for the Mommy and Me Class @ Beauty Lounge, 1224 Quincy St. NE, Suite 130, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
This fundraiser is perfectly paced with a luxury marketplace with local vendors, a fashion show featuring local celebrities, fundraising for the University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital, and dancing. Check out what we fell in love with at last year’s FashionFest and grab your tickets now to help support the cause. November 15 starting at 6:30 p.m. @ Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel The Depot, 225 Third Ave. S., Minneapolis, fashionfest.umn.edu.
Now Open: The Grand Collective
Grand Avenue has always been known for its shopping, and with the new Grand Collective, it’s getting a breath of fresh air. This shop came together with the help of Patric Richardson of Mona Williams and features 13 local vendors including vintage outfitters June and Moth Oddities, handsome apparel boutique Scout, Hagen & Oats, and more. 791 Grand Ave., St. Paul, facebook.com.
- Saturdays and Sundays through Dec. 22: Plate & Parcel Holiday Market @ Wagner Garden Centers, Minneapolis, mplscraftmarket.com
- Nov. 7: Grand Opening of Duluth Trading Co. @ Mall of America, Bloomington
- Nov. 7: NWKC Trunk Show @ BlackBlue, Minneapolis
- Nov. 8: Merry Marketplace @ Carver Junk Co., Chaska
- Nov. 9: Holiday Trunk Show by Viske Designs @ The Fitting Room, Minneapolis
- Nov. 9: Pop-Up by MEND @ Nordstrom, Ridgedale Center, Minnetonka
- Nov. 9 & 10: Deal Hunters’ Weekend (get it?) @ Twin Cities Premium Outlets, Eagan
- Nov. 10: Minneapolis Vintage Market @ Solar Arts, Minneapolis
- Nov. 12: Birthday Party Pop-Up by Stephanie Lake @ MartinPatrick 3, Minneapolis
- Nov. 15: Ladies’ Night @ Filigree, Minneapolis (read why it’s part of our 2019 Best Ofs)
- Through Nov. 16: Valise‘s farewell sale (40 percent off and more) @ St. Paul
- Nov. 17: Holiday Spirits Maker Market @ Royal Foundry Spirits, Minneapolis
- Nov. 17: Paikka Holiday Bazaar @ Paikka, St. Paul
- Nov. 17: Bake Sale and Craft Fair for Adopt a Husky @ Bone Marche, St. Louis Park
- Nov. 17: MN Christmas Market @ Nicollet Island Pavilion, Minneapolis
- Now Open: Face Foundry’s second location @ North Loop, Minneapolis (read about its first location)
- Now Open: J.W. Hulme @ Galleria, Edina (read more about its flagship location)
- Now Open: Nic+Zoe @ Galleria, Edina