Herbal Happy Hour: CBD 101
Spot Spa is hosting its first Herbal Happy Hour with infused refreshments and, for its first topic of discussion, a crash course on CBD, the hype that’s sweeping the retail and culinary world right now. Learn from the Minneapolis Integrative Medicine Center about what CBD is supposed to be able to do, how it’s different than THC, dosages, and the different forms you can buy it in. October 22 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. @ Spot Spa Boutique Uptown, 1600 W. Lake St., Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
Brows, Blowouts, Botox & Bubbly
Get the works while supporting the Headwaters Relief Organization. (And by “the works,” we mean brow shaping and waxing, brow tinting, lash tinting, makeup and skincare consultation, and hair styling—everything you need to put the finishing touch on your style.) October 24 from 5 to 7 p.m. @ Jett Makeup, Edina, facebook.com.
Fall into Fashion at Eden Prairie
With an hourly fashion show, refreshments, and a popup marketplace, take an evening to relax and shop. And hey, you might just win one of the prize drawings. Vendors include Coccinella – Mediterranean Heritage, Ooh La La Boutique, Shine Boutique, and more. October 24 from 5:30 to 8 p.m @ Olympic Hills Golf Club, Eden Prairie, eventbrite.com.
Minneapolis Blogger Closet Sale
You can kill two birds with one scone at this event. First, you can buy gently used fashion apparel. Second, you can meet 20 of Minneapolis’ fashion bloggers. As a bonus, there will be some wine. October 27 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. @ Hotel Ivy, 201 S. 11th St. Penthouse, Minneapolis, facebook.com.
Nature Arts & Crafts Fair
Take in the the home stretch of the fall season at the Richardson Nature Center’s popup artisan market. All vendor fees go toward the VEAP-Bloomington Food Shelf, and instead of an entrance fee, the coordinators request you bring a nonperishable food item to donate. The 25-plus Minnesota makers have a range of products including fiber weavings, body products, jewelry, artisan chocolate bars, handmade purses, mittens, children’s apparel, nature-derived jewelry, stained glass birds, and more. November 2 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. @ Richardson Nature Center of Three Rivers Parks, 8737 E. Bush Lake Rd., Bloomington, facebook.com.
Rock the Closet, a Fashion Show Fundraiser
For one ticket, you get a continental breakfast, a fashion show, and most importantly, the knowledge that the proceeds of the event will go to Harriet’s Closet, a part of the Tubman center. Harriet’s Closet is a volunteer-run community clothing program to ensure that people are able to obtain appropriate attire for a court hearing, job interview, or everyday use at no cost. November 2 from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. @ Tubman, 3111 First Ave. S., Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
Haute Water Fashion Fundraiser
The global nonprofit Surge for Water has teamed up with local designers MartinPatrick 3, Rebekah Ann, Victor Farmash, Gabrielle Rosas, and Tim+Thom for a sustainable runway show and a night of fashion. While you’re there, enjoy refreshments, a silent auction, and dancing, and know that 100 percent of the proceeds go toward global water projects that focus on providing safe water and sanitation. November 2 from 7 to 10 p.m. @ The Exchange & Alibi Lounge, 10 Fifth St. S, Suite B100, surgeforwater.ejoinme.org/hautewater.
- Now Open: Aveda @ Rosedale Center, Roseville
- Oct. 24 & 25: Primp Warehouse Sale @ Primp, St. Louis Park
- Oct. 24-26: 27th Annual Watch Event with 20 percent off and more than 1,000 watches @ JB Hudson, Minneapolis
- Oct. 25 & 26: Seventh Annual Warehouse Sale for outdoor apparel @ Storm Creek, Eagan
- Oct. 26: Twin City Bead Bazaar @ Eisenhower Community Center, Hopkins
- Oct. 26: Monogramming with B+D Crafts @ Rose and Loon, Rosedale
- Oct. 26: Fall/Winter Trunk Show for Tessa Louise + Alma Mia @ the Fitting Room, Minneapolis
- Oct. 27: Perfectly Spooked craft fair @ John P. Murzyn Hall, Minneapolis
- Nov. 1: Ladies Night Out + Holiday Kick Off @ Winnie Lu, Victoria
- Nov. 1: A French Vintage Holiday Market @ the French Market, Anoka
- Nov. 1 & 2: Christmas Open House @ White Birch House, Victoria
- Nov. 1 & 2: Just Jules trunk show feat. opals, tourmalines, and pearls @ Max’s, St. Louis Park
- Nov. 1-end of January: Ceramica: A Collaboration in Clay popup featuring Dock 6 and Clay Coyote @ Mall of America, Bloomington
- Nov. 2: Fair Trade Market by the World Jubilee @ Colonial Church, Edina
- Nov. 2: Latitude Men’s Apparel popup @ Du Nord Craft Spirits, Minneapolis
- Nov. 2: Fabfest, with more than 12 participating shops @ Anoka
- Nov. 2: Africa Fashion Week MN feat. catwalk, performance, and shopping @ Mirage, New Brighton
- Nov. 2: Vintage & Homemade Holiday Market @ Carver Junk Co., Chaska
- Nov. 2-Dec. 22, Saturdays and Sundays: Plate & Parcel Holiday Market @ Wagner Garden Centers, Minneapolis
- Nov. 3: Burnsville Buck & Doe craft expo @ Burnsville Senior High School, Burnsville
- Oct. 24: Clubhouse Hangs // Wedding Edition to meet vendors in a low-key environment @ Style Society, Minneapolis
- Nov. 3: Unveiled—The Ultimate Wedding Planning Event @ Minneapolis Convention Center, Minneapolis