Check out the Twin Cities’ style and shopping events in the next two weeks, including a glam Goth runway show at FGI Fall: Into Luxury.
Privilege Guys Night
Guys Night at the Privilege Barber Lounge looks like seven-minute chair massages, barber services, hydrofacial demos, a popup marketplace with more demos, refreshments, a wine tasting, and a swag bag. If that doesn’t attract the dapper and well-groomed man, what does? October 10 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. @ Privilege Barber Lounge, 839 University Ave. W., Suite 109, St. Paul, bodyloveproducts.com.
Collaborative Closet Sale
It’s called a closet sale, but trust me; the people and shops in the lineup inspire closet envy. Shop sample garments, and previous season looks at a discount plus pieces from local artists and influencers. For a hint of what to expect, think Hazel & Rose, Winsome Goods, Parc Boutique, Idun, and more. Full list on event page. October 10-13 @ the Golden Rule, 350 Water St., Excelsior, eventbrite.com.
Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice
Grab a shopping passport and make your way to the self-proclaimed Halloween capital of the world, Anoka. With a baker’s dozen of participating stores, each featuring in-store events or promotions, today is the excuse you need to treat yourself. See the list of stores on the event page. October 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. @ various locations, Anoka, facebook.com.
FGI Fall: Into Luxury
Goth is back and more luxurious than ever at this year’s iteration of the highly anticipated runway show, curated by stylist Richard Anderson. Besides the luxury looks, the night will also honor several local individuals and businesses for their work in the style and fashion scene, including as MartinPatrick 3, Joy Teiken, Karen Morris, Tim+Thom, and Natalie Morrow. Make sure to stick around for the after party. October 17 from 6 to 10 p.m. @ Aria, 105 N. First St., Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
Winter Shoe Care Clinic
Yep, we said it: winter. Bring your Red Wing shoes in for a cleaning and learn how to take care of your Red Wing shoes through the salt, snow, and slush. If you don’t have any Red Wing shoes, consider picking up some; they just dropped their women’s heritage line at the Roe Woelfe boutique. October 17 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. @ Roe Woelfe, 3175 Galleria, Edina, facebook.com.
East Side Joy Ride
Take a day to refresh with a shopping spree (and special discounts!) on the east side of the Twin Cities—on a coach bus tour. The route winds along waterway towns and makes stops at vintage-inspired Eye Candy ReFind in Hastings, Afton House Inn for a complimentary lunch in Afton, local artist showcase Smith + Trade Mercantile in Stillwater, and local- and antique-loving Upsy-Daisy in White Bear Lake. October 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. @ Maplewood Mall Park & Ride (pick up location), 1793 Beam Ave., Maplewood, eventbrite.com.
- Oct. 10: Five Year Anniversary with 6Smith appetizers, champagne, swag, and Claire Ward illustrations @ Merilou Boutique, Wayzata
- Oct. 10: Vintage Pop-Up with For Elise, Mae Vintage, and more @ Tattersall, Minneapolis
- Oct. 12: Loden Up Sale feat. 30 percent off online and in studio @ Larissa Loden, Northrup King Building, Suite 265, Minneapolis
- Oct. 12: Jewelry & Accessory Makers Mart with 26 local makers @ Walker Art Center, Minneapolis
- Oct. 13: Minneapolis Vintage Market @ the Machine Shop, Minneapolis
- Oct. 17: Slow Flow, Sip, & Shop with 20 percent discount @ Cliche, Minneapolis
- Oct. 19: Make Your Own Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb @ Lush, Mall of America
- Oct. 19: Men’s Tailored Event with fittings and style consultations @ Macy’s, Ridgedale, Minnetonka
- Oct. 20: Autumn Craft & Cocktails by Minneapolis Craft Market @ Royal Foundry Craft Spirits, Minneapolis
- Oct. 10: Diamonds & Delights feat. giveaways, complimentary refreshments, diamond experts, and of course, lots of jewelry to try on @ Shane Co., various locations
- Oct. 13: The Wedding Fair @ Minneapolis Convention Center, Minneapolis
- Oct. 17: Restyling Event (for vintage wedding rings, pendants, and more) @ Real Gem Jewelers, Shakopee
- Oct. 18 & 19: Grand Opening for the Jeweler’s Ryan (discounts including wedding bands) @ Excelsior