Shop the sales for outgoing summer collections and incoming fall ones.
Labor Day Weekend Sales
We can’t get far in Style + Shopping without mentioning Labor Day Sales: Just head to your nearest outlet mall. Take the Galleria for example, which has extra discounts on sale items at Kate Spade, Melly, Nic + Zoe, and J.McLaughlin; up to 30% off at the North Face; and more. At Ridgedale you’ll find sales at classic places like Macy’s—25-60% off end-of-summer essentials and 30-60% off women’s shoes—as well as good deals like Pac Sun’s up to 40% discount sale storewide.
You can also check out places like the Twin Cities Premium Outlets in Eagan, where you’ve got sales including up to 70% off the entire store at Vera Bradley, Michael Kors, and Tommy Hilfiger; buy one, get one 70% off at Steve Madden; 20-25% off at Polo Ralph Lauren (with code Q7400); and 35% off storewide at kitchenware spot Le Creuset Outlet. Woodbury Common has an overlap of some of those stores (it is, after all, also a Simon Premium Outlet), as well as up to 50% off the entire store Arc’teryx; up to 80% off select bedding, bath, and loungewear at Frette; up to 80% off at Theory; up to 25% off select merchandise at Loro Piana; 50% discount off your entire purchase at Clarks shoes; up to 70% off at Jimmy Choo; and up to 70% off at Tissot watches.
Off the Rails Market
Make the most of your Labor Day weekend with a Friday trip to the Brainerd area. Shop the two-day Off the Rails local makers marketplace in the historic railroad district’s Northern Pacific Center. The 40,000-square-foot space allows for easy social distancing while you look at home and apothecary goods, jewelry, apparel, furniture, and more. September 4 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and September 5 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. @ Northern Pacific Center, 1511 Northern Pacific Road, Brainerd, facebook.com.
MartinPatrick3 Debuts Its Women’s Brands
Well, they did it, eve in the face of the pandemic: MartinPatrick3 is officially launching its women’s boutique Thursday, September 10. As is fitting with the refined shop, you can expect apparel, jewelry, apothecary, and other lifestyle items. Get a sneak peek of some of the brands in the latest newsletter, or follow MartinPatrick3’s Instagram for more previews. Debuting September 10 with extended store hours from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. through September 13 @ MartinPatrick3, 212 Third Ave. N., martinpatrick3.com.
End of Season Sale Golden Pearl Vintage
The Golden Pearl Vintage is having a huge progressive end of season sale: The first item is 20% off, the second is 30%, all the way up to the fifth item being 50% off. The sale is in-store only, and with racks full of options, you’ll want to see everything available. September 1-12 during store hours or by appointment Monday and Tuesday @ the Golden Pearl Vintage, 507A E. Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis, thegoldenpearlvintage.com.
Black Business Is Beautiful Outdoor Market
Shop more than 40 BIPOC-owned businesses with goods that include apparel, hair care, baked goods, art, and services including life coaching, event planning, nail art, and more. While you’re there, enjoy food trucks and live music. All ticket donations go to the Minnesota Black Chamber of Commerce. September 12 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. @ the Lab Outdoor Shed, 767 N. Eustis St., St. Paul, eventbrite.com.
A Conversation with the Most Influential Man in Fashion
OK, the title is a little grandiose, but I can see where they’re coming from. Fashion@Brown presents a live-streamed conversation with André Leon Talley. As the event description says, Talley was “for decades the right hand of Anna Wintour, protege of Andy Warhol, fashion advisor to Michelle Obama, confidant of Karl Lagerfeld, and friend to the world’s most renowned designers.” (If you want a sneak peek of his background, check out his memoir about working as the creative director at Vogue, The Chiffon Trenches.) While the talk will surely cover his background, how he found his path to success, and the people that changed him, he’ll also be talking about racism and privilege in the industry. September 13 at 2 p.m. EDT (1 p.m. local time) @ Zoom, eventbrite.com.
- ICYMI: Larissa Loden dropped her fall/winter collection and has plans to expand her Vote collection (after all, Michelle Obama digs the style and wore a similar piece of jewelry during her DNC speech)
- Ongoing: Seasonal sales at BlackBlue, Idun, Parc, and more
- Sept. 4: Last Night Market of the summer ft. Black and Brown makers @ Modus Locus, Minneapolis
- Sept. 4-6: LA-based Impact Fashion Show & Summit ft. sustainable fashion panels, marketplace, and workshops @ online
- Sept. 5: 40% off sale at Duluth-based Hideaway Leather jewelry @ Etsy
- Sept. 5: DIY Felt Garland Class by the Handcrafted Buffalo @ Fox Run, Maple Grove
- Sept. 5: Dried Flower Bar by Sip ‘N Boom ft. giveaways @ North Loop Galley, Minneapolis
- Sept. 5: Muddy Mouth Cards pop up @ Homespun, Minneapolis
- Sept. 5: More Love Resale grand opening @ Maplewood Mall, Maplewood
- Sept. 9-11: DIY Fall Planter Class @ Lakes Floral Gift & Garden, Forest Lake
- Sept. 10-12: Appleberry’s Attic re-opening @ Anoka
- Sept. 11, Wedding: Posh Private Label Showcase with a showcase discount @ Posh Bridal Couture, Wayzata
- Sept. 11: Weaving the Dream: The Legacy of Persian Rugs by the Georgetown Persian Language and Culture Program @ online
- Sept. 12: Ladies on the Loose Fall Market ft. Rustic Rooster antique store, AshleyTaylor Salon Spa, and more @ Zimmerman