Check out some of the Twin Cities’ style and shopping events as we head deeper into fall.
Fashion in France
Join Alliance Française for two events looking at fashion then and now. The first is specifically made for young professionals and invites you on a guided tour (in English) of the Goldstein Gallery to see fashion in the era of second wave feminism. For the second one, dress a little snazzy and enjoy a fall fashion show, pop-up market, and brunch at the Holden Room, featuring items from boutiques MartinPatrick 3, Statement, D.Nolo, Roe Woelfe, C’est Chic, and Russell + Hazel. Both events support Alliance Française Mpls/St. Paul’s cultural programs. Dior to Disco: A Guided Tour, Sept. 26 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. @ Goldstein Museum of Design, St. Paul, afmsp.exranet-aec.com; Ooh la l’Alliance! Fashion + Brunch Fundraiser, Sept. 29 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. @ Holden Room, Minneapolis, afmsp.extranet-aec.com.
Black Fashion Week MN
Right on the heels of Fashion Week MN (indeed, two days overlap) is Black Fashion Week Minnesota. Check out the scoop here, and take in a week of edible couture, gemstone inspirations, male excellence, Japanese street styles, and more. Sept. 27 through Oct. 5 @ various locations, blackfashionweekmn.com.
Fashion Week MN
Fashion Week MN kicked off last Thursday with Minnstafashion, but it’s still in full swing. Check out our picks here, but get ready for a whole week of style from IAmMoody, Right Justified, Sarah Edwards’ I Am Mpls!, the Fitting Room, the Center for Hmong Arts and Talent, and more. Through Sept. 28 @ various locations, fashionweekmn.com.
International Jewelry Show
Walk amid the rows and rows of jewelry, gemstones, beads, and more and shop directly from the designers, wholesalers, and manufacturers who know the product best. You’ll find engagement rings, jewelry cleaning and repair services, vintage finds, men’s jewelry, and more, and if you come on Sept. 28, you’ll also be able to swing by the Grand Stand for the Fall Antique Spectacular Show. Sept. 27-29 @ Dairy Building, Minnesota State Fair Grounds, St. Paul, intergem.com.
Take in what will hopefully be one of the best fall weather days by walking around St. Paul. Get a preview of some of the goodies and discounts the stores on Selby will be offering at the website, or simply show up to be pleasantly surprised by the live music, flamenco, and store offerings. Sept. 28 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. @ Selby Avenue, St. Paul, selbyatsnelling.org.
Curated Style: Straight from the Runway
One of our favorite fashion events of the year is back at Mall of America. See the new autumn and fall collections from eight Project Runway alum including this past season’s finalist and master corseted Garo Sparo, season 16 finalist Margarita Álvarez, season 7 winner Seth Aaron, and of course, local designer and season 6 competitor Christopher Straub. Oct. 4 from 8 to 9 p.m. @ Mall of America, Bloomington, mallofamerica.com.
The Fifth Annual Pink Social
Peruse a pop-up market by women makers and boutique owners as well as a silent auction, fashion show, and prize drawings, all for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer – American Cancer Society of MN. Need even more incentive? Dessert is sponsored by Nothing Bundt Cakes and Burnt Sugar. Oct. 6 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. @ Pique Travel Design, Excelsior, facebook.com.
- Just in: The “Tatas” jewelry collection benefitting the Breast Cancer Research Fund by artist Carrie Hoffman @ Max’s, St. Louis Park
- Now open: Canada Goose @ Mall of America, Bloomington
- Sept. 25: Style Workshop with Amy @ General Store of Minnetonka, Minnetonka
- Sept. 26: Filigree’s First Anniversary Party @ Filigree, Minneapolis
- Sept. 26: Grand Opening of H&M with early bird giveaways @ H&M, Rosedale Center, Roseville
- Sept. 26 & 27: Capote and Democracy Trunk Shows @ GoodStyle, various locations
- Sept. 27: Grand opening of RH Minneapolis @ Edina
- Sept. 27: Grand Re-Opening Preview @ Heimie’s Haberdashery, St. Paul
- Sept. 27 & 28: Designer and Luxury Furniture Sale @ International Market Square, Minneapolis
- Sept. 28: Fall Open House @ Willa|June, Victoria
- Sept. 28: Skincare Seminar @ LUSH, Mall of America
- Sept. 28: Alexis Bittar‘s Jewelry Trunk Show @ Nordstrom, Mall of America
- Sept. 28 & 29: Afton Art in the Park, an annual event with more than 100 vendors @ Afton Area
- Sept. 28 & 29: Behind the Brands @ MartinPatrick 3, Minneapolis
- Through Sept. 29: Grethen House scratch off sales 20-50 percent off @ both locations, 20 percent online sale
- Oct. 1: 14th Annual Customer Appreciation Event with free gift bags for early birds @ Belladerm MedSpa, Maple Grove
- Oct. 3: Revolution‘s Five-Year Anniversary Party with swag bags, refreshments, and discounts @ St. Louis Park
- Oct. 5: Grand Opening of Heavenly Hair with service and product discounts @ Farmington
- Sept 25-27: Fall Engagement Event with 20 percent off rings @ JB Hudson Jewelers, Minneapolis
- Sept. 29: Three Rivers Park District Wedding Fair @ Hyland Hills Ski Area, Bloomington
- Sept. 29: Eau Claire Bridal Fair & Women’s Expo @ Eau CLaire, Wisconsin