As the strategic non-profit partner of Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS), we rally community support to inspire and equip Minneapolis young people for careers, college and life.
KEY SERVICES PROVIDED
The Twin Cities has one of the country’s largest education and employment opportunity gaps, and by 2020, 74 percent of all jobs will require post-secondary education. Our vision is that all young people have full access to educational and career opportunities, resulting in a more equitable and vibrant Minneapolis.
- Career & College Centers: Based in 11 MPS high schools, we offer one-on-one career and college planning resources and guidance, and help students access high-demand, high-wage jobs.
- STEP-UP Achieve: As part of the City of Minneapolis STEP-UP program, we provide work readiness training and paid internships for 750 youth each year with 150 top Twin Cities employers.
- Volunteer programs: We connect stu- dents with 800 adult Graduation Coach- es and career exploration volunteers to help them stay on track and explore their best post-graduation options. • MPS Funds: We secure major philan- thropic support for district priorities, manage school funds, and administer scholarships and mini-grants for MPS students and staff.
President & CEO: Danielle Grant
Board of Directors:
Chair: Tom Holman
Vice Chair: Hilary Marden-Resnik
Treasurer: Miles Swammi
Martin Abrams Kristina Carlson, Scott Cummings, Martha Holton Dimick, Rebecca Gagnon, Art Gardner, Jr., Ed Graff, Nick Hara, Betsy Hodges, Anil Hurkadli, Velma Korbel, Steven Liss, Jennifer Melin Miller, Mark Murphy, Abdul Omari, Bradley Pederson, Rich Renikoff, Dara Rudick, Jeff Savage, Christopher T. Shaheen, John Stanoch, Elizabeth Stevens, Danielle St. Germain- Gordon, Reuben Thompson- Amarteifio, Marie Uhrich, Mat Watson
- 15th Anniversary Celebration Dinner on October 26 at Minneapolis Event Centers
- Hire a STEP-UP Achieve high school intern at your business or organization
- Volunteer for Graduation Coaches, career exploration events, mock interviews
- Donate to support Minneapolis students
More opportunities at achievempls.org
Give Twin Cities Challenge: crowdrise.com/achieve-minneapolis
111 3RD AVE. S. #5 MPLS, MN 55401