Presented by Driscoll’s
PHOTO COURTESY OF DRISCOLL’S
As summer winds down, it’s time to pack just a few more sweet memories into these precious moments. There are still waves to watch, fireworks to set up, fish to catch, bug bites to scratch and long, late nights sparked by laughter shared with those we love the very best. Summer is for memories and sharing summer traditions with the next generation. Treasure these last few days and enter for the chance to get one more getaway in before the leaves start to fall.
Driscoll’s is sponsoring an exclusive Minnesota Sweepstakes for a family vacation at Madden’s on Gull Lake. Here are the details:
Minnesota Exclusive Sweepstakes
- Driscoll’s is hosting a Minnesota Exclusive Berry Together Getaway Sweepstakes, now through August 31st, 2017 (3pm CT). Enter for a chance to win a family vacation, 4-night stay at Madden’s on Gull Lake. Includes a Berry Bonanza Day featuring fresh Driscoll’s berry treats and exclusive surprises.
- Enter here: BerryTogether.com
And before running back out onto the beach, whip up this divine blackberry cobbler to share with those late nights and mornings spent scratching beach sand out of your hair.
- 8 packages (6 ounces each) Driscoll’s Blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (or cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently stir together blackberries, sugar, tapioca flour, lime juice and salt in a large bowl until evenly blended. Evenly divide between 8 (8-ounce) ceramic ramekins.
- Place flour, coconut, sugar, pecans, baking powder and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed to combine. Add butter and mix until there are no pieces larger than a pea. Add egg and mix until fully combined and dough starts to come together.
- Remove 2 tablespoons dough, roll into a ball and flatten into a disk about 1/4-inch thick. Place on top of cobbler filling in ramekin. Repeat with remaining dough and ramekins. Place ramekins on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake cobblers 20 to 30 minutes or until tops are golden brown and filling is bubbling.
Check out more blackberry cobbler recipes (including gluten free, quick and easy, and vegan options!): Driscolls.com/BerryTogether.com