To ensure all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action and sustained by community.
KEY SERVICES PROVIDED
No one should face cancer alone. That’s why Gilda’s Club is so important.
Our comprehensive program is like no other in the Twin Cities. And it’s free—to everyone. Patients, families, friends and caregivers. Men, women, teens and kids. Free—because the last thing someone deal- ing with cancer needs is another expense.
Gilda’s Club helps people managing a cancer diagnosis—of any type of cancer— live with cancer, no matter the outcome. We do this outside the walls of clinics and hospitals at our warm, welcoming Clubhouse where people experience the power of being part of a community of people who “get it” and receive social and emotional support from one another and trained professionals.
WHAT’S BEHIND OUR RED DOORS? “Cancer gave me membership in an elite club I’d rather not belong to,” said comedian Gilda Radner. That’s why people who come to Gilda’s Club for support are called “members.” And at Gilda’s Club Twin Cit- ies, membership means community and life-changing support. Our evidence-based program is recognized by medical professionals as a critical component of cancer care and has been shown to improve outcomes. Each member’s customized care plan draws on five critical components:
• Support: Group support for people living with cancer, their family and friends
• Education: Presentations and interactive workshops
• Healthy Lifestyle: Exercise, yoga, arts and nutrition programs
• Social Opportunities: Potlucks and special events
• Information & Referral: Resource library, referrals and more
Plus, Gilda’s Club has age-specific pro- grams and activities just for teens and kids.
• Visit our Clubhouse for a tour
• Refer a friend who needs support
• Make a financial gift (we’re 100 percent community-supported)
• Attend our “Imagine a Place” fundraising breakfast (May 2018)
TWIN CITIES GIVE CHALLENGE: crowdrise.com/gildas-club-twin-cities
GILDA’S CLUB TWIN CITIES
10560 Wayzata Blvd. Minnetonka, MN 55305