Helping kids with cancer and their families with financial and emotional support.
KEY SERVICES PROVIDED
Parents may plan for retirement or for a child’s college education, but they don’t plan for cancer. When a child is battling cancer, the whole family is faced not only with a heavy emotional and psychological toll, but also a financial one. Even families with good insurance can find themselves on the brink of financial disaster. Parents are overwhelmed by the demands of this situation, and under enormous stress. Major upheavals to family routines, expenditures, work, and plans are occurring rapidly, especially if the child’s treatment has to take place far from home.
Since 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation has supported families’ quality-of-life with direct financial aid for basic needs, and through experiences that create emotional support, including:
• Home rescue: Rent and mortgage payments • Reliable transportation: Auto expenses, repairs, and gas cards • Groceries: Food on the table for kids and families
• Payments for bills: Utilities, child care, and other basic needs • Memorable family experiences: All-Star Weekends and other events that provide quality time together.
• Pinky Swear Pantry: Convenient, stocked food pantries in hospitals
• Orange Envelope: A care package with gift cards and a Pinky Swear guide for families with a new diagnosis
You can help, too. We have ongoing volunteer opportunities in our Pinky Swear Pantry, delivering toys for All-Star Weekend getaways, and at our annual gala, Perk’s Pinky Swear Mess Fest, Pinky Swear Shoot, and other fun events. Or simply make a tax-deductible gift to help today.
Executive Director: Erica N. Campbell
Program Director: Karen Svendsen
Philanthropy Director: Colleen Norton
Operations Director: Derlee Moua
Marketing Director: Jenny Peters
Finance Director: Vicki Radosevich
Chairman of the Board: Bruce O’Brien
Vice Chairman of the Board: Jeff Wenngatz
Board Secretary: Mike Jilek
Treasurer: Lowell Jobe
Marketing Chair: Christine Finn
Program Chair: Brian Mark
Finance Chair: John McCormick
Development Chair: Mike Moroz
• Hy-Vee Pinky Swear Kids Triathlon Saturday, August 5 Lake Nokomis, Minneapolis
• Hy-Vee Pinky Swear 5K & Fun Run Saturday, August 19 Lake Ann Park, Chanhassen
Visit pinkyswear.org/events to register or volunteer
GIVE TWIN CITIES CHALLENGE: crowdrise.com/pinkyswearfoundation-givetwincities
PINKY SWEAR FOUNDATION
7835 Telegraph Road Bloomington, MN 55438