Washburn Center for Children’s mission is to help children with social, emotional and behavioral problems, and their families, lead successful lives.
KEY SERVICES PROVIDED
Every child should be able to dream big, but the reality for kids who live with men- tal health challenges is that their joyful imagination is often replaced with anxiety or sadness. Washburn Center for Children offers therapeutic services for children struggling with behavioral challenges, anxiety, traumatic experiences, depression or other mental health conditions.
Every child deserves a chance for a happier, healthier childhood.
Washburn Center’s compassionate therapists help children discover new skills so they can manage their challenges, strengthen their relationships, succeed in school—and realize hope. The 134-year-old nonprofit provides:
• Child and family therapy at Minneapolis, Brooklyn Park, and Minnetonka clinics
• Therapeutic support for students and consultation with teachers at 23 Minneapolis, Bloomington and Eden Prairie schools
• Convenient access for families through in-home and community-based mental health services
All because a child’s mental health is as important as their physical health.
Training: Washburn Center also provides training to mental health clinicians, interns and professionals working with children. Equipping professionals with the best practices of children’s mental health will enhance the emotional health of children and families across the nation.
• Washburn Games – family-friendly sports sampler on September 24: washburngames.org
• See how your investment makes a difference: washburn.org/tour
• Training opportunities for professionals working with children: washburntraininginstitute.org
TWIN CITIES GIVE CHALLENGE: crowdrise.com/washburn-center-for-children
WASHBURN CENTER FOR CHILDREN