Wolf Ridge inspires environmental learners and leaders through immersion, adventure, and field study. Our mission is to develop a citizenry that has the knowledge, skills, motivation and commitment to work together for a quality environment.
KEY SERVICES PROVIDED
Founded in 1971, Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center was the first residential EE center in the nation to be accredited as a K-12 school. It is now recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in environmental education. The 2,000- acre campus sits on a ridge overlooking Lake Superior near Finland, MN.
About 15,000 people attend a broad spectrum of programs each year. Students grow in confidence. Campers discover a passion and grow to become life-long learners and leaders. Families grow closer.
• School Programs: World-class educational experiences enhance what happens in classrooms across the region. Groups stay 3-5 days.
• Youth Camps and Trips: College-credit-bearing science camps, traditional and specialty overnight camps, and wilder- ness trips are offered.
• Family Camps: Through naturalist-led activities and a nurturing environment, parents pass on the value of exploring the natural world to their children.
• Professional Training: Recognized as one of the top programs in the nation, over 800 graduates of the Natural- ist Training Program now work in key environmental and educational positions across the nation and around the world.
• Conference Center: Wolf Ridge hosts conferences and workshops for a variety of organizations on request.
Currently, the $9.4 million Making Waves Capital Campaign is seeking funds for much needed campus updates. Highlights include a classroom at Lake Superior and the Margaret A. Cargill Lodge, which will be the first in Minnesota to seek full Living Building Challenge certification. L.B.C. is the highest international standard for sustainability.
Russ Bierbaum: Chair
Patricia Coppo: Vice Chair
MAKING WAVES CAPITAL CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE
Thomas K. Berg: Co-chair
Russ Bierbaum: Co-chair
John Chandler: Development Director
Peter O. Smerud: Executive Director
• Living Building Construction Tours – call to arrange
• Summer Camps, June – August
• Family Camps, July – August
• Fabulous Fall Nature Geek-Out, September 29 – October 1
• School programs, year-round
TWIN CITIES GIVE CHALLENEGE: crowdrise.com/wolf-ridge-environmental-learning-center
WOLF RIDGE ENVIRONMENTAL LEARNING CENTER
6282 Cranberry Rd. Finland, MN 55603
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube