In order to produce the lists of best residential real estate agents, best mortgage professionals, and best insurance agents in Minnesota, we reached out to over 15,000 homebuyers, subscribers, and industry peers. Respondents were asked to nominate real estate, mortgage, and insurance professionals based on customer service, market knowledge, integrity, communication, negotiation, post-sale service, and overall satisfaction. The nominated professionals were screened against the licensing database at the Minnesota Department of Commerce to make certain that licenses were up-to-date and there had been no disciplinary action. Names are not added to or removed based on advertising history with the magazine.
- ABR: Accredited Buyer’s Representative—designed for real estate buyer agents who focus on working directly with buyer-clients at every stage of the home-buying process.
- CDPE: Certified Distressed Property Expert—can provide solutions, specifically short sales, for homeowners facing market hardships.
- CRS: Certified Residential Specialist—highest credential awarded to residential sales agents, managers, and brokers.
- ePro: The National Association of Realtors (NARS) ePro certification teaches cutting-edge technologies and digital initiatives.
- GRI: The Graduate, Realtor Institute—have in-depth training in legal and regulatory issues, technology, professional standards, and the sales process.
- SFR: Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource—teaches real estate professionals to work with distressed sellers and the finance, tax, and legal professionals who can help them, qualify sellers for short sales, develop a short sale package, negotiate with lenders, safeguard your commission, limit risk, and protect buyers.
- SRES: Seniors Real Estate Specialist-designation program educates realtors on how to profitably and ethically serve the real estate needs of the fastest growing market in real estate, clients over 55.