Check out these online and in person events for style and shopping this July.
Samantha Rei & Queen Anna
The latest online Royal Report by Queen Anna House of Fashion founder Nicole Jennings features Project Runway alum Samantha Rei. Tune in to listen to them chat about Rei’s work and, as the subtitle says, “creating your own lane in fashion and life.” July 10 at 3 p.m. @ Facebook Live, facebook.com.
Virtual Adult “Trashion” Workshop
This online series is for anyone who has loved the unconventional challenge episode of Project Runway. Nancy Judd will lead four workshops to show you how to use commonly discarded, recycled, or used items to create a jacket, slacks, skirt, dress, cape, or haute couture suit or gown. First session July 10 from 1 to 3 p.m. @ online.
New World Night Market
This new semi-monthly summer market is dedicated to supporting business owners and artists of color. Created by a partnership between Legacy Arts Group, Modus Locus, Reverie Cafe + Bar, and the Powderhorn Neighborhood Association, it promises goods such as vegan food, clothing, accessories, art, music and more. Don’t forget to bring a mask! July 10 from 6 to 10 p.m., as well as every other Friday after that @ the courtyard between 35th and Bloomington avenues, Minneapolis, facebook.com.
Juniper + Oak at the Vine Room
To add some Boho whimsy to add to your home, visit Juniper + Oak’s mini pop-up at the Vine Room for her macrame key chains, wall hangings, plant hangers, and more, and sip some delicious wine. If you get inspired from your visit, come back for one of her periodic Monday macrame classes. July 10 from 4 to 6 p.m. and July 11 from 3 to 5 p.m. @ the Vine Room, 756 Mainstreet, Hopkins, facebook.com.
Big Red Barn Sale
Filling Bruentrup Heritage Farm in Maplewood are 30-plus artisans, crafters, vintage sellers, and more, including honey from C & D’s Bees, home decor and jewelry made from recycled paper by Celeste Recycled Treasures, and handmade pens, bowls, kitchen items, and art by Sandberg Woodshop. While you’re there, you can also enjoy refreshments made by the Maplewood Area Historical Society, a live band playing ‘50s and country music, and the historical exhibits on the grounds. The tough part? You only have an hourlong reservation to enjoy everything (note: reservations and masks are mandatory). July 18 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. @ Bruentrup Heritage Farm, 2170 East County Road D, Maplewood, brownpapertickets.com.
Farmers markets have been some of the best spots to meet new Minnesota makers and find unexpected treasures. While COVID-19 has changed some aspects about the seasonal staple, they’re still going strong this year. Check out our advice on how to shop safely at a farmers market. Various dates and locations.
- Now: End of season sale ft. brands such as Kiton, Bogiloi, Paul Smith, and Dsquared2 @ Martinpatrick3, Minneapolis
- July 7: fashion in portraiture lecture by Boston’s Nichols House Museum @ online
- Starting July 7: Sale with select items up to 40% off @ Filigree, Minneapolis
- July 11: Christmas in July Craft & Gift Expo @ Lakeville Hasse Arena
- July 11: Grand opening of apparel and accessories boutique Rust and Rose, ft. free refreshments, door prizes, a sale, and more @ Oak Park Heights
- July 11 & 12: Furniture sale with refreshments from Standish Cafe @ Handpicked, Minneapolis
- July 11-19: Semi-annual sale and North Loop storefront reopening (July 7) @ Houser, Minneapolis
- July 12: Aromatherapy and crystal jewelry shop Moxie Malas’ fifth birthday party ft. indoor and outdoor shopping, door prizes, and a sale @ Fridley
- July 16: The Milly & Tiff Show ft. HydraFacial demonstrations and skincare advice @ IG TV and Facebook Live
- July 18: Shop Hopkins showcase of local businesses @ online
- July 9: Wedding venue open house (see a sneak peek here) @ Northern Stacks, Fridley
- Through July 31: Summer sample sale—all sample dresses under $999—a tux promotion, and from July 16-18, new arrivals and a custom dress discount @ Bridal Accents Couture, Burnsville