5 Father’s Day Gift Boxes from Minnesota Brands
Minny & Paul's Father's Day gift box
Courtesy Minny & Paul
When shopping for the dad in your life this year for Father’s Day, think inside the box—literally. A handful of Twin Cities brands are offering some nifty package deals to make gift giving painless.
1) Newly launched gifting studio Minny & Paul (the name’s a play on Minneapolis and St. Paul) is offering a box of locally made products geared toward dads. Priced at $78 (which includes shipping, wrapping, and personalized gift message), the package includes a set of leather coasters by Leather Works MN, Benjo’s colorful shoelaces, smoked honey bon-bons with Scotch by Mademoiselle Miel, a credit card–shaped, wood-and-stainless-steel bottle opener by Woodchuck, socks by Hammer Made, and a bottle of Cry Baby Craig’s habañero and garlic hot sauce. Note: Deadline for shipping in time for Father’s Day is Wednesday, June 13, by noon via minnyandpaul.com. The brand will also be selling any remaining boxes at a Kit and Ace pop-up at their North Loop location (113 N. Washington Ave. #200, Minneapolis) on Friday, June 18 from 3-7 p.m. so individuals missing the shipping deadline can head there to pick one up—pre-order for this option will be available on the Minny & Paul website.
A capsule collection from Lewk
2) Minneapolis retail vet Scott Kuhlman recently launched Lewk, an "algorithmically curated" monthly menswear box. Geared toward the style-conscious man, Lewk offers three different packages ranging from $79 for two items per month to $399 for four, and items are selected based on a subscriber’s style preferences via an online questionnaire. Subscribers also may opt in for on-demand packages, such as a head-to-toe look or a trio of selvage twill pants. Sign up at lewk.com.
3) Another package deal created with dads in mind, the Cooper Kit (created by Minneapolis-based startup Cooper & Kid) is a subscription service that’s available year-round, though it makes for a great Father's Day gift. Geared toward dads with kids between the ages of 5 to 9, a kit contains multiple, curated products and activities that are geared toward dads spending time with their kids, including an activity book, a bedtime story, a themed dinner menu with recipes, and a shipping box that turns into a toy, plus a website of related digital resources, links to more theme-related activities beyond the box. The cost for a box is $65 (with contents valued at $100+) plus shipping; upon signing up at cooperandkid.com, a box will be delivered every three months, and can be discontinued at any time.
Easy & Oskey's Cherry Vanilla Make-Your-Own-Bitters kit
Courtesy easy & oskey
4) Founded by Twin Cities bartenders Erik Eastman and Dan Oskey, Easy & Oskey’s make-your-own-bitters-kit offers the opportunity to make your own craft-made, small-batch bitters at home. Available in five flavors, a kit includes everything you’ll need to make your own bitters, apart from the sugar and the spirit for $49 (plus shipping). The kits are available at Martin Patrick 3 (212 3rd Ave. N. #106, Minneapolis, 612-746-5329) and online at easyandoskey.com.
5) And while technically not a boxed set, here’s another nifty Father’s Day gift idea from a pair of local businesses: Local neckwear brand Mill City Fineries has partnered with hip baby-and-kids store Pacifier to make it possible for sons to be as stylish as their dads. Their handmade father-son bowtie sets ($68 adult, $48 child) and necktie sets ($48 adult, $28 child) are available in six different fabrics. Note: Orders must be placed online via pacifier.me by Monday, June 13, in order to receive in time for Father’s Day.
The available fabrics for Mill City Fineries' father-son tie sets e