Check out some of the Twin Cities’ style and shopping highlights in the next two weeks.
Glimzy Launch Party
Developed by students at the University of Minnesota in 2018, this subscription beauty box costs $25 a month and is filled with more than $100 worth of full-size beauty products so you can truly discover new brands and items you love. This first March box includes products from Chella Beauty, Sigma Beauty, theBalm, and Wander Beauty. Join the Glimzy team at Mall of America’s Sigma Beauty Boutique for exclusive giveaways, a storewide discount, refreshments, and the official launch of Glimzy. March 14 from 4 to 6 p.m. @ Sigma Beauty, Mall of America, facebook.com.
I won’t lie; I can’t say I know much about this, but it’s hosted by Local Motion boutique, has jewelry, art, and most interestingly, head dresses by Jeana Sommers (whom you’ll meet at the event), owner of HeARTful Endeavors. Color me intrigued! March 14 from 6 to 9 p.m. @ Local Motion, 2813 Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis, localmotionboutique.com.
Majestic Oaks Spring Boutique
Now five days longer than originally planned, this annual spring pop-up is back at Majestic Oaks Golf Club with all things spring for those who like to take advantage of season cheer. Holidays include Mother’s Day and Easter (there are many Easter bunnies, apparently), but other common themes among the home decor, clothing, and accessories are spring and gardens, the North Woods, the Tuscany region, and vintage styles. March 15-31 @ Majestic Oaks Golf Club, 701 Bunker Lake Blvd. NE, Ham Lake, mnboutiques.com.
The Final Operation Glass Slipper
After more than a decade, Operation Glass Slipper, the nonprofit organization that provided young women with prom dresses they would not otherwise be able to afford, is ending due to a multitude of reasons, such as a decline in funding and an aging board. The last Princess Event is March 16 and 17—high school students need to fill out a referral form found on the website—but there will also be a fundraising sale the weekends afterward to sell the remaining dresses, jewelry, and shoes to repay any cost from the Princess Event not yet covered. March 16 & 17 for the Princess Event @ Southdale Mall, facebook.com; March 22-24 and 29-31 for the Final OGS Sale @ Signal Hills Shopping Center, next to FootLocker, facebook.com.
Drinks and Do’s
Natalie Jean is a multimedia makeup artist whose work you might see most often at weddings (she’s one of The Knot’s 2019 best picks), but at this event, she’s teaching you how to do some of her styling techniques. The three hour workshop is 50 percent demonstration and 50 percent playtime with the option of practicing on yourself, a friend, or provided mannequin heads. All you need to do is bring a hair brush, yourself (with clean, dry hair), and hot tools; she’ll provide drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), snacks, hairspray, combs, rubber bands, bobby pins, hair clips, and mannequin heads.v What’s more, she’ll give you a mini hair kit to take home in addition to a multitude of styles tailored for short, medium, or long hair. March 23 from 3 to 6 p.m. @ Cornerstone Studios, 2220 Central Ave. NE, Minneapolis, eventbrite.com.
Galleria Garden Party
With flowers by Bachman’s, the Galleria Garden Party is back and has transformed the favorite shopping spot with more than 100 types of trees, plants, and flowers. Free valet parking is available, but as the display is interwoven throughout the Galleria’s public spaces, it is accessible for free anytime the Galleria has public hours. March 24-April 7 @ Galleria, 69th St. and France Ave., Edina, bachmans.com.
ICYMI & Read More
- HAUS Salon is planning on opening a new Northeast Minneapolis salon—its third location—this spring.
- Core Lifestyle had its grand opening March 9, and the holistic health spot is hoping to help you with everything from diet, fitness, physical therapy, and more, including some massage and infrared sauna pampering. Read more.
- March 17: Wedding Expo for the City of Eagan, cityofeagan.com
- March 24: Spring Fling Wedding and Vendor Expo by Nicole’s Treasured Memories, Apple Valley, ticketbud.com
- March 12: Facebook Live Sale, Cake Plus-Size Resale, facebook.com
- March 13: DIY Succulent Planter Bar by Carver Junk Co., Minneapolis, facebook.com
- March 13-16: Maui Jim Trunk Show at Invision Optical, various metro locations, invision-optical.com
- March 14: Re-Grand Opening at Olive Moon, Prior Lake, facebook.com
- March 14-17: March Occasional Sale at Flaunt Accessories, Maple Grove, facebook.com
- March 16: Knit and Be Fabulous: StevenBe at Fluevog, Minneapolis, stevenbe.com
- March 17: Northeast Winter Market, Minneapolis, northeastmarket.org
- March 21: Sip & Shop with Tooth X Nail with Edina Liquor and Burlap & Brass with the Edina Grill, 50th & France Business District, 50thandfrance.com
- March 23: Jewelry Sale for Sexual Violence Center, Minneapolis, facebook.com
- March 24: Crystal & Mineral Trunk Show, Minneapolis, sacredspacemn.com