While bird is the word at Thanksgiving, the winter holidays are more open for interpretation. Metro area restaurants are stepping up this year to help you with a delicious selection of options from beef and ham to seafood, Italian fare, sweets, cocktail kits and more. You can celebrate big even if your party is smaller than usual—and it’s easier than ever with all these takeout choices.
Betty & Earl’s Biscuit Kitchen, Roseville
Order delicious biscuits and sweet treats to brighten holiday celebrations. Order by Dec. 21 for pick-up inside Potluck or curbside by Dec. 24 by 5p.m.
- Holiday 6-pack of biscuits ($25)
- Mini Pie Trio ($17.50) Includes a pecan-bourbon, pumpkin, and cranberry-vanilla swirl
- Cookies: Russian Tea Cakes (6 for $6), Coconut Macaroons (6 for $5), Eggnog Monster Cream Puff ($7).
- B&E Sweet Comfort Kit ($15): A sweet gift for yourself to enjoy or safely leave at the door of a neighbor, family member or friend. The kits include choice of mini pie (pecan-bourbon, pumpkin, cranberry-vanilla swirl cheesecake), one chocolate chunk cookie, one chocolate chunk butterscotch cookie, and one Minne”SNO”ta cookie. Packaged in a box and tied with ribbon and a sharpie to include a special message.
Birch’s on the Lake, Long Lake
Birch’s on the Lake is all about making the holidays easier for folks in the Western suburbs with holiday meals to go.
Hanukkah ($265, serves 4-6): Order online for pickup Dec. 10-18. Includes: chopped liver pâté with grilled bread, matzo ball soup, traditional potato pancake latke with apple sauce and sour cream, sautéed French green beans, spinach salad with citrus, red onion, toasted almonds and poppy seed vinaigrette, challah loaf with whipped butter and cinnamon apple cake.
Christmas ($325, serves 4-6): Order online for pickup on Dec. 24, 11a.m.-3p.m. Dinner includes smoked trout pâté, winter salad, roasted beef tenderloin, bourbon glazed ham, gruyere au gratin potatoes, French green bean casserole, roasted Brussels sprouts, rolls and desserts.
New Year’s Eve ($450, serves 4-6): Order online for pickup on Dec. 31, 11a.m.-3p.m. Choose from: 6oz. tenderloin filet with bearnaise and Maine lobster tail or filet and scallop kabobs with chimichurri sauce. Both come with spinach and ricotta stuffed mushrooms, grilled jumbo shrimp with cocktail sauce, traditional Caesar salad, buttered French green beans, white cheddar whipped potatoes, rolls with whipped butter and chocolate dipped strawberries, chocolate stout and red velvet cupcakes with your choice of a bottle of champagne or Birch’s beer crowler 4-Pack. Party favors are included.
Buca Di Beppo
Curbside pickup has never been easier, plus, the restaurant has partnered with celebrity baker Buddy Valastro for the “Cake Boss” package and also offers a range of items available for takeout.
Holiday “Cake Boss” Package ($95, serves 5). Includes choice of one salad (mixed green or Caesar), one pasta (Spaghetti Marinara, Fettuccine Alfredo, Penne alla Vodka or Baked Ziti), one entrée (Chicken Parmigiana, Chicken Limone or Eggplant Parmigiana), and Buddy V “Cake Boss” Carlos Bakery Holiday Cake: Buddy V’s festive 6-inch alternating red, white, and green layered Christmas cake is fluffy, moist, and has all the holiday cheer. Filled and covered with silky sweet vanilla Italian buttercream icing and adorned with red, white and green sprinkles. ‘Tis the season for treating yourself to cake.
The Capital Grille, Downtown Minneapolis
Three-course family-style dinner for takeout (prices vary).
Options include: Roasted Whole Beef Tenderloin with choice of Butter Poached North Atlantic Lobster Tails or Scampi-style Jumbo Shrimp, salad, sides and its signature brûlée-style Cheesecake for dessert.
Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve:
• Four-course dinner with selection of either Whole Rack of Bone-in Filet or Kona Crusted Bone-in Prime Rib, New England Clam Chowder, salad, sides and dessert.
• Holiday Sides at Home, with elevated classics such as Lobster Mac ‘N Cheese and Hoisin-Glazed Brussels Sprouts among other seasonal staples. Each option serves four to six.
• Holiday Grille Boxes for at-home chefs feature hand-cut steaks ready to prepare at home. Options include Surf and Turf with four lobster tails, four 10-ounce filets and The Capital Grille Signature Steak Sauce; or Bone-in Porcini Ribeye with four 22-ounce cuts, porcini rub and a bottle each of extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic.
D’Amico Catering/D’Amico and Sons
A wide range of options including a chef-crafted appetizer spread, a full dinner, brunch, sweets and libations from mocktails to cocktails will be available from D’Amico Catering for pick-up to enjoy at home this holiday season.
• A Jubilant Holiday Spread ($155, serves 4)
Gourmet cheeses, fig jam, local honey and lavash, vegetable crudité with house made beet hummus, sliced tenderloin with mushrooms and horseradish sauce, soft rolls, smoked salmon spread with focaccia crostini, wild mushroom and artichoke gratin, New Year’s Eve inspired mini desserts, 1 Bottle of Charles Roux Brut.
• A Jovial Dinner Table ($155, $175, $225, serves 4) Includes salad, entrée (Roasted pork loin with fruit chutney, Signature balsamic glazed short ribs, or Miso marinated sea bass) plus accompaniments and holiday inspired petite desserts.
• A Joyful Brunch ($95, $125, serves 4): Includes caramel rolls, breakfast potatoes, sausage, bacon and fresh fruit
• Savory or Sweet Enhancements: Add on options includingCheese, Charcuterie, or Seafood Platter or White chocolate raspberry champagne crepe cake, Cream Puff Bombs, or Chocolate Truffle Croquembouche
Order D’Amico Catering by 4 p.m. Dec. 21 for pick up Dec. 23 or 24 or order by 4 p.m. Dec. 28 for pick up on Dec. 31. Pickup at Edinburgh USA or Metropolitan Clubroom parking lots.
D’Amico & Sons: Traditional holiday and Italian favorites can be ordered and picked up now through Dec. 31 at the Edina, Wayzata, Roseville, and Golden Valley D’Amico & Sons locations.
The Lexington, St. Paul
Christmas dinner ($155, serves 4-6) includes orchard salad, glazed pit smoked ham, Yukon Gold potato mash, cheesy cauliflower, creamed kale, cake doughnut bread pudding and milk buns. Splurge a little by adding on 2 pounds of beef tenderloin for $80. Order online for curbside pick-up on Dec. 24 from 3:30-6:30p.m.
Petite Leon, South Minneapolis
The newly opened restaurant is offering a multi-course takeaway holiday dinner that captures the spirit of the restaurant’s globally influenced menu ($185, serves 4-6). Highlights include Hot Smoked Salmon, Beef Short Ribs, Roasted Carrots tossed in Petite León’s signature salsa macha sauce, and Le Petite Haricot Vert Hot Dish, Guzmán’s ode to the region favorite. Cap off the meal with Deep Dish Apple Pie. Each dinner comes with reheating instructions and other tips from the Petite León team. Order online. Pick-up is available on Dec. 23, 12 to 5 p.m.
Cocktail kits for an added dose of cheer include:
• Christmas Morning Bloody Mary Bar ($50), which includes pickled accoutrements and Petite León Hot Sauce—guests add their spirit of choice from their home bar. Guests can also enjoy Tom & Jerry Batter and Buttered Rum Batter–just mix with hot water and brandy or rum. Each batter mix makes roughly 10 drinks at $14 each or $25 for both mixes. 10% of sales from Petite León’s cocktail kits will benefit the Minnesota Homeless Fund.
Red Cow and Red Rabbit, Uptown Minneapolis and St. Paul
• Christmas: Order online through Dec. 20. Pickup your meal from the Red Cow Uptown location on Dec. 23 9a.m–6p.m.
• New Year’s: Order online by Dec. 27 for pickup at Red Cow Uptown on Dec. 30 9a.m.-6p.m.
Complete “Heat n’ Serve” Christmas or New Year’s Holiday Meals & Snacks:
Tenderloin Steak ($209) or Fried Chicken ($109) dinner that feeds 4-6 people and comes fully prepared, just heat and serve at home.
- Tenderloin Steak Dinner includes: herb crusted beef tenderloin, honey almond brussels sprouts, roasted carrots with chili honey crème fraiche, roasted baby baked potatoes, superfood salad, artisan bread, charcuterie board, chocolate cake with butter cream cheese frosting. You can also add on shrimp scampi for $24.
- Fried Chicken Dinner includes: 12 pieces of the Chicken Republic’s classic or Nashville hot fried chicken, roasted baby baked potatoes, coleslaw, cheddar & chive biscuits with honey butter, mac n cheese and banana cream pie.
Plus, you can add on additional holiday snacks a la carte such as a charcuterie board, creamy crab and corn dip with crostini, caramel bacon puffcorn, chips and French onion dip or Chef Trevis’ eggnog. All items are available to be ordered a la carte so you can customize your dinner and you can add on a bottle of wine or a cocktail kit.
Smack Shack, North Loop, Minneapolis
Smack Shack has the holidays covered for seafood lovers.
• Christmas: Order online by Dec. 20 for curbside pickup Dec. 24 12-4pm.
Dinner includes two Lobster Pot Pies, a Mixed Greens Salad and Key Lime Pie ($85, serves 2). Add on a bottle of Newton Skyside Chardonnay for $20.
• New Year’s Eve: Order by Dec. 27 for pickup on Dec. 31. Lobster Lorraine Dinner ($125, serves 2) includes Lobster Lorraine, Roasted Root Vegetables, Mixed Greens Salad, Kings Hawaiian Buns and Key Lime Pie for. Add a bottle of Veuve Clicquot for $50.
Tattersall Distilling, NE Minneapolis
Curbside Cocktail Kits: Pick up craft cocktail kits to mix up such drinks as Pear Maple Fig, Apple Raspberry Spice, Autumnwood Farm Eggnog and more at home. Each kit makes 6-8 cocktails.
$32 for one 750 ml mixer of choice and one 375 ml bottle of Tattersall vodka, gin, or rum.
$35 for one 750 ml mixer of choice and one 375 ml bottle of Tattersall rye or barreled gin
Reserve your kit and/or additional mixers online and select a day for pick-up (Thursday-Friday 4-7 p.m., Saturday noon-3:00 pm). Payment will be due at pickup; the site is for reserving only.
Yard House, St. Louis Park
• Tailgate Takeout Pack for game day features signature chicken nachos, wings (traditional, boneless or Gardein, with choice of sauce) and a choice of two pizzas for $50. Add a 64-ounce growler of favorite beer, such as the new Yard House and Stone Brewing collaboration, Southern Pass Texas Lager, available starting Dec. 28. Order online.
A variety of meals are available while supplies last at select stores and need to be ordered in advance. Most stores also feature ready-made items from dips, cheese plates and more available for pickup in their deli departments. Here are highlights; stores offer additional selections and a la carte items.
Brunches or dinners including turkey, ham, seafood and beef options such as:
• Ham or Turkey Dinner $29.99 (Serves 2); $49.99 (Serves 4)
• Lobster Tail & Steak Filet Dinner (Serves 2) $50.00
Orders can be placed up to 25 days prior to pick up.
Lasagna: Vegetarian or sausage and beef lasagna make appealing choices as alternatives to more traditional holiday dinners. Look for these fresh options in the deli case.
Lunds & Byerlys
Order a chef-crafted, heat-and-serve holiday dinner which comes complete with side dishes, buns, dessert and step-by-step cooking instructions. Additional side dishes also available for order. Turkey dinner, prime rib dinner and more.
Place your order by Dec. 16. Items will be available for in-store pickup on Dec. 23 after 10 a.m. or by 2.p.m. Dec. 24. Available while supplies last at select stores.
Festive meals from turkey or ham to roast beef and more.