Do you have an idea for a project that will benefit St Paul neighborhoods along the just-opened Green Line? The Knight Foundation is sponsoring a Green Line Challenge with 1.5 million dollars to be distributed over the next three years. Their website has tons of useful info, but here are some of the highlights:
- The challenge is open to basically anyone, individuals, nonprofits, or businesses.
- They hope to fund projects as small as $1,000 and as large as $75,000.
- Projects must “positively impact” a neighborhood along the Green Line in St. Paul.
- Minors may apply with parental or guardian consents. (Kids and young adult projects!)
- Matching funds are not required.
The first of a handful of Q&A sessions will be held at The Dubliner Pub on June 25th, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. The fund is accepting applications from June 24th to July 24th.
The Knight Foundation does not specifically describe the types of projects, as long as they benefit neighborhoods along the line. I can think of a few food related ideas just writing about this. With 1.5 million out there, you never know, I could be amongst the competition!