Whether the special dad or dad figure in your life enjoys a burger or pizza with beer or steak and seafood with a glass of wine, Twin Cities restaurants and bars are dishing up delicious options for dining, takeout and grill-at-home kits to help you celebrate Father’s Day on June 20. Here is a sampling:
Can Can Wonderland and Saint Paul Brewing (St. Paul)
These two popular venues have teamed up to offer a free pint of anything from their tap selection to any dad who comes in on Father’s Day. To add to the “dadness” of the day, staff at both locations will be offering up dad jokes all day long, too. Both locations have great food options, whether for a snack or a meal.
• Can Can Wonderland: In addition to the complimentary beverage and humor—or “humor,” depending on your view of dad jokes—the 30,000 square-foot artsy entertainment venue has plenty to entertain dad’s group including retro and vintage arcade games, 18 holes of artist-designed mini-golf (three new unique holes were recently created) plus the World-Famous-Steam-Punk-Golf-Ball-Bazooka, and other fun options.
• Saint Paul Brewing: Dads with kids and/or dogs in tow can claim that free pint of anything from the tap wall, (or select any NA option). Dogs are welcome both outside on the art and plant-filled patio, as well as the indoor seating area.
The Capital Grille (Downtown Minneapolis)
Grill Boxes: Steaks are cut daily by their in-house butcher for cooking at home. Each box includes four steaks and features a gift of Signature Steak Sauce.
- Bone-in New York strip ($140)
- Bone-in prime rib-eye ($160)
- Mixed box—two dry aged bone-in New York strip (18 oz.) and bone-in prime ribeye (22 oz.) ($150).
You can also order individual steaks and burgers. Ready to heat at home sides, which generously serve four to six include: Sam’s Mashed Potatoes ($20), creamed spinach ($20), grilled asparagus ($20), and Lobster Mac ‘N’ Cheese ($45). Order online.
FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar (at the Radisson Blu Mall of America)
FireLake’s limited-edition Juicy Lucy burger is stuffed with AmaBlu blue cheese and roasted mushrooms and cooked over an open flame and mesquite hardwood charcoal. It is available for dine in and carryout throughout the month of June ($18).
- Juicy Lucy Meal Deal: In celebration of Father’s Day, FireLake is offering a special bourbon pairing where guests can upgrade their burger and enjoy a pour of the proprietary Eagle Rare FireLake 10 Year Single Barrel bourbon for $30. The sweetness of this bourbon provides an intriguing contrast to the sharp flavor profiles of the blue cheese, ultimately mellowing the cheese.
Mason Jar Kitchen (Eagan)
- Restaurant dining: Father’s Day Special Prime Rib Dinner includes prime rib with beef au jus, cheesy au gratin potatoes, and buttered asparagus. $29 for a 12-oz cut, $33 for a 14-oz “Big Daddy” cut. Reserve a table for brunch or dinner.
- Father’s Day Grill Kit: Mason Jar Kitchen will provide everything you need (including instructions) to make a perfect meal. It includes four grill-and-serve prime ribeye steaks, grill-and-serve buttered fresh asparagus, heat-and-serve cheesy au gratin potatoes, heat-and-serve beef au jus, and chopped fresh herbs and seasonings. Serves 4 generously ($95). Pre-order by 5 p.m. June 18 for pick up 2-4 p.m. June 19 or 20.
McCormick & Schmick’s (Edina, Galleria)
- Three-course prix-fixe menu: Offered June 19 and 20 starting at $47 per person. Add a Lobster Tail to any entrée $15. Includes choice of starter, entree and dessert including options such as hearts of romaine Caesar salad, walnut mixed greens salad or New England clam chowder, stuffed salmon and twin North Atlantic lobster tails and seasonal cheesecake. Choose Chilean sea bass or a 13-ounce center-cut rib-eye steak in the $55 menu. Reserve here.
P.S. Steak (Minneapolis)
P.S. Steak is featuring grill kits that come with its house-blend steak sauce and seasoning salt. Order online here.
- Center Cut Pack: two, 8-ounce prime tenderloin filets ($85)
- Premium Grilling Pack: two 10-ounce Snake River Farms Denver steaks and two 16-ounce prime New York strip steaks ($145)
- The High Roller Grilling Pack: two 10-ounce Snake River Farms Denver steaks, two 16-ounce prime New York strip steaks, and a 32-ounce prime bone-in dry aged rib-eye steak ($225)
Whiskey & Soda (Downtown Minneapolis, Rand Tower Hotel)
Find one of the city’s most extensive whiskey selections for dad to enjoy, including American, Japanese, Scotch, and Irish varieties. If dad’s a cocktail lover, hand-crafted specials ($14 each) are available. The popular Rand Cheeseburger ($16) is a delicious alternative to grilling out at home and other options include Steak Frites ($30) or Seared Scallops($32) with chorizo, jalapeños, heirloom tomatoes, asparagus, radish, and citrus brown butter. Complete menus can be found here.